Need a new rear tire....what to go with????

amc91z

Registered
Not sure if i'm posting this in the correct forum, but i just had a "blowout" on my 06 Hayabusa, so i'm needing a new rear tire. What would any of you suggest getting....brand, size, where to get it, etc?
rock.gif
?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

DUnlop qualifiers

My experience = excellent all around tires but not as stable as stock tires.  Then again, stockers don't lean or stick as much as qualifiers so for me it's been a trade off.

In light of the fact that kawi zx14's come with stock bt14's.  Ima try those next.  Stock bt56j's don't corner or stick well but man oh man are they stable in straight lines...  they have this huge gyroscope effect.  Maybe I got a bum qualifiers but I dunno.  I"m gonna try bt14.  By the time bt14 front wears out it'll be time for 2008 busa.... yay yay!!

<!--EDIT|jigisup
Reason for Edit: "stupid spelling"|1149225206 -->

I went to www.ridedirect.com and got the Dunlop 208 ZR's for both front and rear.
I love um!!!
The rear I switched from the 190 to the 180.

I cant remember how much the front was but the rear was $121.00 with a $10.00 shipping fee total was $131.00.

I'm sure some of these guys here could beat that down though.

How this helps!

I'd like to chime in on this...

I went from the stock battleAxe to the Michelin Pilot Power. The difference was extremely noticable to me. Because the Pilot Power has such a tall peak, (the very top arch of the tire) it makes the bike roll into the turns much easier in the twisties. That is an awesome feature for me.

However, at triple digit speeds, I felt the bike was a lot loser than on the battleaxes. It is unnerving at about 150mph because of that.

These Pilots stick very well and are very good performers. But they're expensive... wow! I just paid $200 with taxes and such for just the rear tire. I did find them online at Competition Accessories (www.compaccess.com) online for about $166 with shipping. But it would have cost me more to mount it and adding taxes - bringing it about to the dealer pricing.

Anyway - just made this transition and thought I'd share my experience with ya. You might want to determine the kind of riding you're doing most of, and target a tire that fits your riding style/habits.

Good luck and hope this helped a little.

thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|switchback
Reason for Edit: "word change"|1149289535 -->

Back