Need a new chain

Johnnycheese,

Lapse of concentration maybe?

What are you talking about it being endless?

With the swingarm (braced) like on the Busa there's no choice but MAKING it endless on the bike itself with supplied masterlink, although I have to agree that using block of wood and hammer is stupid to say the least.

I've decided to stay with DID's 530 ZVM X-ring on my 2 bikes and bought the original DID break/stake tool for it.

No I did not have a brain cramp.
My oem chain came as an endless chain I did not have to install the masterlink. It was already there. I had to remove the swingarm

Maybe I'm having a brain fart then, but even removing the swingarm doesn't help when the swingarm has a brace that the chain runs through?
Guess you've worked on too many bikes to remember, JC?

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 10 April 2000).]

Aniaml I am always honored to post with you it makes me have to remember.
Heck you are correct,It was a Honda Nighthawk that I had to remove the swingarm on(yes too many bikes)
Just a note I know about the wood I have used that method in a bind once but what a pain in th A**.Shop should have the tool.

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 10 April 2000).]

Hi JC, as we can see it happens to the best of us, and NO you won't see me start this all over again now referring to most Nighthawks having shaft drive ...

BTW, same feeling over here regarding valueing/honouring YOUR posts for the view and experience from a professional wrench/mechanic (and from what I can read/feel here, clearly one of the few good ones).

Oops ... seem to have hit the wrong icon button ... was supposed to be the wink and dirty grin smiley! Can't change that afterwards via Edit?

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 10 April 2000).]

Actually, I'm only minutes away from the end of my working day (I'm 7 hours ahead of this board's time) and I've had it for now ... tired, bored and eyes burning from looking at screen all day long again (well, it pays quite alright but it'll never be my hobby).
Temp is low, but sun's shining outside so I'll be OK in a couple of minutes again.

Back