Need a new chain

OB_cbxchris

Registered
EK 530 drag chain...or HQR...non-o-ring though...I`ve tried both with great results...the EK claims to be good for a 250 hp drag bike......

I need the final word on what the best chain for the money, that will hold up to my excessively abusive riding is. So, what's the best chain, assuming I can re-use the stock sprockets?

How much and where can i get the best deal?How many miles are on yours,and how hard do you ride?This will be my third one in 6000 miles.

Tsubaki is the best chain I found...Have had them on all my dragbikes - From slicks to lots of Nitrous they don't break!

Had my last chain replaced under warrenty.It was taking a long time so I walked in the shop to see what was going on.What I saw didnt look good.Instead of a chain vise they used a block of wood and a hammer.They said this was the proper method. I dont think so.This took place at Ron&Brians in Wakegon Ill.This chain lasted 4500 miles. should I complain to Suzuki or just get a chain on my own?

If you got it warrantied once feel lucky it wont happen a second time.Why was the dealer using a link mine was endless?That is what is suppose to be on there.

Tsubaki Sigma 530. The ONLY chain capable of 1300cc. Every other 530 brand only lists a max of 1000-1100cc...

Tsubaki has a 1 yr warranty.. UNLIMITED MILAGE!! RK only has a 20,000k warranty!

yes but is already on it.
RK has a solid roller drag chain and a o ring type chain that is higher than any other but you have to call them it is not listed

Im going with Tsubaki Sigma 530.Too many people have recomended it.The hammer&wood thing had me a little worried.While Im in there I might change a sproket.Whatever happened to those yellow boxes?Maybe an aftermarket electronics company could make a speedometer correction device.Hey Schintz,Autometer are you listening?

I have had good luck with the RK 530LFO. I abused it regularly with a passenger on back and only had to adjust it a couple of times during several thousand miles of riding. Just my 2 cents.

Block of wood & hammer!? Geezus!!

I use a Motion Pro press fit tool... about $80 bucks, works like a charm, clean press and never had a master link come off....

REPORT THAT DEALER!

Back