Need a Measurement

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Can someone with a stock length bike please measure the distance from the front of the front tire to the rear of the rear tire.

When I stretched my bike before I had it 6" over, Now that I have the New swingarm with the 240 it looks longer and I need a measurment to go off of.

6" over refers to wheelbase, axle to axle. Stock is about 59.5" on a busa Taller (higher profile) tires will lengthen the distance you want measured, but won't change wheelbase.

No. Wheel size has nothing to do with wheelbase. Axle to axle is where wheelbase is measured.....
See post #2....

No. Wheel size has nothing to do with wheelbase. Axle to axle is where wheelbase is measured.....
See post #2....

But if I measure from Center of the rear axle, and have an 18" rim wouldnt it set back 1/2 more than a 17" rim seeing how the rim itself is 1" taller in Dia.

But if I measure from Center of the rear axle, and have an 18" rim wouldnt it set back 1/2 more than a 17" rim seeing how the rim itself is 1" taller in Dia.
Axle center to axle center is not affected by wheel diameter. If you removed the wheels altogether and measured the space from axle center to axle center, would it change?

no...you just have a bigger rounder wheel...the axle is in the same spot

my wheelbase is about 10 feet since the front end is leaning against the living room wall and the rear axle is on my dining room table :laugh: seriously though, what they said is correct :beerchug:

Its perfectly ok, 6 inches is average and as long as you are happy, we are happy. :laugh:

Back