i need a measurement

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
Can someone run out to the garage and get me a measurement from the front (furthest point forward of the bike/tire) to the back side of the rear tire contact patch. I am picking up my busa tomorrow and need to know if it will fit in my truck or if I need to find a trailer.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I have a quad cab short bed dakota.... with the gate down I have 85" to the edge of the tailgate. I know the busa has a length of 84.?? but I was curious how much of that was the tail/rear tire that would not be touching down in my bed.

Last edited:
It's about 7 feet...wheel base is 58.5"

Then about a foot from the front axle to the tip of the front fender...remember to put a block of wood or something in front of the front tire, or you will not scratch your fender :whistle:

Last edited:
Can someone run out to the garage and get me a measurement from the front (furthest point forward of the bike/tire) to the back side of the rear tire contact patch. I am picking up my busa tomorrow and need to know if it will fit in my truck or if I need to find a trailer.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I have a quad cab short bed dakota.... with the gate down I have 85" to the edge of the tailgate. I know the busa has a length of 84.?? but I was curious how much of that was the tail/rear tire that would not be touching down in my bed.

OK...math skills aren't so sharp today...58.5 and the foot or so for the front wheel/fender. A little over six feet. The rear tire will be on the tail gate, but you will be ok.

Last edited:
not at home at the moment but the busa, gen 1's any way have a wheel base of 58.5, so im pretty sure you will have plety of room if you got 85" to work with.cant be no more than 66" or so.
If you dont have an answer when I get home ill measure for ya.

My Gen one fit in the back of my Chevy Colorado (S10) with plenty of room to spare. You'll be fine with your truck if the bed is over 5 foot and the tail gate is over 1.5 foot. :thumbsup:

The bottom line to your question is this, neither 1 Gen 1 or 2 will SAFELY fit in the bed of your truck. Will it fit, YES, safely with no worries......NOT MY BABY

Back