Need a bit of help on tsukigi again

jpowell490

Registered
Guys,

I talked to the guy I bought these from again today and he is giving me a bit of shine. The mid pipe that goes on the factory header measures right at 2 inches, 1" 15/16. Now my factory end coming out of the header measures something like 1" and 11/16. Now that doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me it is. They don't come close to fitting. Has anyone else experienced this?

It is the factory header and when you put the tsukigi mid pipe on you can literally move it up and down there is so much space in between. I tried clamping it down with clamps, but that did no good at all.

Is the quality control that bad or did I get screwed?:moon:

2008, thanks for posting GPW. I am not a noob to motorcycles, these things just don't come close to fitting.

If worst comes to worst, take your header to a muffler shop and have them flare the end a little so the fit is tighter. Not an ideal solution, but it will get you by. Hope you find a better option.

i just put some on my 08 had the same problem. i just thought that they were suppose to come with gaskets and clamps and that i didn't get them. but the packing slip does not mention that they were included. the instructions says you don't need to use the stock gasket and clamps maybe its a miss print but i had to use the gaskets and clamps off the original exhaust. fits perfect now couldn't be happier

I have them off now, I tried to silicone them to get them to seal and that didn't work either. It is a terrible fit and I can't believe they would put that out without gaskets or clamps.

I have asked for a refund, so we will see. Hate to know I spent that kind of money and they don't come close to fitting.

The microns I just sold fit absolutely like a glove.....

I have them off now, I tried to silicone them to get them to seal and that didn't work either. It is a terrible fit and I can't believe they would put that out without gaskets or clamps.

I have asked for a refund, so we will see. Hate to know I spent that kind of money and they don't come close to fitting.

The microns I just sold fit absolutely like a glove.....
Hopefully you get things resolved. :beerchug:

Last edited:
If you dont get the refund have you thought about ordering the stock gaskets/clamps and fitting it with those?

Hope to hear that you get the fitment issue resloved quickly. I would take it to a reputable exhaust shop and they might be able to help you out.

I think as wellas many others, that you need to use your stock gaskets and clamps.

If you have a gap and you are not using a gasket, then you need to put them on.

I think as wellas many others, that you need to use your stock gaskets and clamps.

If you have a gap and you are not using a gasket, then you need to put them on.

The instructions call for no gaskets period. Unfortunately, the Microns fit so well no gaskets were needed and I never had any after I bought it. So the tsukigi evidently does not come with anything like that.

I think they are top notch quality, but their fitment sucks. The guy is giving me a hard time about a refund, so we will see. I see both sides of the story on this, but it boils down to they just don't fit.

No gaskets were needed with the Microns due to the skinnier tubes....

Last edited:
The instructions call for no gaskets period. Unfortunately, the Microns fit so well no gaskets were needed and I never had any after I bought it. So the tsukigi evidently does not come with anything like that.

I think they are top notch quality, but their fitment sucks. The guy is giving me a hard time about a refund, so we will see. I see both sides of the story on this, but it boils down to they just don't fit.

This isn't a matter of the instructions. The japanese translated to english instruction I received with my canon were garbage too. But, I still got the system put on without issue.

I'm telling you, I would try the factory gaskets and clamps, since no clamps were provided.

Many slip on systems use the factory gaskets and clamps.

If worst comes to worst, take your header to a muffler shop and have them flare the end a little so the fit is tighter. Not an ideal solution, but it will get you by. Hope you find a better option.

Before I took my Header and had it stretched to fit the exhaust I would take the exhaust and have a sleeve fitted to fit the header.

from what i recall, you must reuse the gasket and clamps. From years of installing asian market parts, instructions truly are worthless. I wouldn't follow anything but the pictures lol. Don't get anything flared and don't worry about making a sleeve or anything, that's just going above and beyond the effort needed.

Heck with it, I returned them.....

Instead of fooling with that again I am buying a full system, hell with the slip ons. They are almost as much as a full system anyway. Anyone know some good prices around on full systems?

The new Brocks CT is AWESOME and probably the best sound I have ever heard. However they are 1600 bucks, that is quite a bit for an exhaust.

Back