Nabbed by Facebook!

No, rule #1 is don't open your mouth and request to speak with your lawyer, don't give cops the time of day, hell, when it comes to this sort of thing, don't give your best friend the story. People literally get away with murder, etc, just from not opening their mouth. It's the way American justice works, you can get away with damn near anything as long as you don't open your mouth.

I'm glad the stupid sob got caught, dumb enough to do that, dumb enough to brag in writing, what's else is he dumb enough to do?

I know myspace used to be this way for a fact, when you made your profile private it would simply break the link sooo all you needed to do was know their handle/name and type it in with a /photos at the end or such. Not hard. Don't know if it has changed but it WAS easy.

Btw did any of you see the one a few months ago where there was a gang related unsolved murder, and looking up the gang members on fb the police found a guy with a pic of the scene tattooed on his chest from his own point of view. He was convicted for the murder after the investigation.

its not "hacker group anonymous", its just anonymous, the internet hate machine that was started on the chan sites, i wouldnt doubt thier ability to take down fb, but i doubt they will do more than just really mess with it, like the habbo hotel raids and the hal turner incident, and the chris forcand arrest, you can read up on these on the wiki, they do what they want because they can, and have effectively ruined the lives of some people and have been mentioned on cnn, there is/was some political group (oregon tea party) that tried to use the anonymous motto of we are anon, we are legion, we don not forgive we do not forget, and last i heard about that was that if they wanted to associate themselvs with anonymous in that way, which ws a big no-no as those words are sacred to most anons, that anonymous was going to associate the hell out of them by doing some rather naughty things and using the tea party to take the fall, anyway, its not wise for anyone to mess with anon as most of them are very skilled at what they do and will get away with it sorry to thread jack :p

I don't have Facebook, Flickr or any of that other crap. The .org is it for online social interaction for me. Other than that, I am a face to face type of person and enjoy the simpler things in life like a cold beer in the shade on my dock.

If a 19yr old can shut Sony down I'm confident certain Leo agencies can get in and see everything.
They may not admit it but I still think 'they' see all.

Exactly Blanca Everyday there is a story about how the leos used facebook to make the arrest wake up dopes

I just use facebook to reconnect with old friends really.My buddy was talking about his no permit remodel and how he is adding on his house on facebook.I told him to shut it because county and state is looking for offenders.

Im nearly certain this isnt entirely possible. Law enforcement agencies and the government more than likely have free reign on these sites. I dont have proof but to be honest, would it surprise you?

Additionally, I was told by a friend that ALL internet traffic/transactions, are recorded somewhere on a computer...I`m not sure if this is true, but would it surprise you?, what would be the purpose?

Fb ms twit all these social networks are just doors into your life and your personal information. Please don't be fooled into thinking anything you put online is secure. It isn't. When you hit enter on that pc it's public domain now.

Viper on iphone!

I would think they would need a warrant to get to locked content but I don't know maybe not. Also, why can't the kid just say he was lying on facebook and taking credit for someone elses stunt?

Bottom line is not to not post stuff you do publicly, don't do anything that would make the cops this interested in getting you. From what I know about cops, if they really want you they will get you.

IF anyone doesn't believe the law can see what they want, just try posting a threat to the president on your private page.

No warrants needed for anything anymore its called the patriot act we have no rights

Back