N2o rookie questions

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
So last night at work, I'm talking bikes with some of my harley friends and we got on the subject of nitros. I had some idea of the systems out there, but I really couldnt get very technical with them. Soooooo, I come to the best site in the world and find all the crazy fuggers that like the juice......now Im getting very curious!

1. Do I have to build the motor for a decent shot (I dont know what a decent shot is. 30, 60, 100?)? What will the stock motor be ok with?

2. Will I have to upgrade my fuel pump?

3. Ive heard of dry and wet systems. What the hell is that

4. Ive heard of a nozzle spraying into the airbox (dry system maybe?) is this safe or just another shortcut?

5. Can the average guy install the system and do I need a guy with a dyno to tune for A/F?

6. And of course the bottom line, what kind of $ am I looking at?

I'm thinking the mod might be in my future, but I would like to keep it totally stealth (NOBODY would know I have it) if that is possible. Ive heard you can hide a small bottle in the hump. I dont race the bike at the strip or anything like that, and want to keep the reliability (which is more important than the juice). I just want to have a little something tucked away in my back pocket for the loudmouths when I need it! LOL
TIA for all the help.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148838101 -->

Dry shot is nitrous only,wet shot is nitrous and gas solenoids,40-60 can be done easily on stock bike,100 with a good tuner and controller.Any shot is gonna need a power commander and you need to get it on a dyno or get yourself a LM-1 and do your own tuning.

Dry shot is nitrous only,wet shot is nitrous and gas solenoids,40-60 can be done easily on stock bike,100 with a good tuner and controller.Any shot is gonna need a power commander and you need to get it on a dyno or get yourself a LM-1 and do your own tuning.
Ive got the PCIII, what is an LM-1?

LM-1 is a nifty unit

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate-Motorsports-LM-1-Wide-band-O2-RPM-Converter_W0QQitemZ4643271815QQcategoryZ43989QQ
rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">LM-1 Link</a>

Innovative technology LM-1 is a wideband O2 emissions monitoring system,gives you realtime sampling of airfuel ratios,data logging capable.Tells you EXACTLY what your air/fuel ratio is and all rpms.

that lm-1 is a nice peice,i gave it and the cheaper lc-1 some thought (for the zx 12) http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store....ory=118

but i am running such a small shot now on the 12 (.032) it dosen't seem nessacary,would be nice to have though

you can pick up a cheap dry kit from dynotune for under 250.00 shipped to your door,with a small jet and some fuel added to your map,you can get your foot in the door rather cheaply,no mods needed for a moderate shot,other then adding some fuel to your map,you can install it yourself,and hide everything,the only external tippoff on my busa is the arming switch

IM000710.jpg

A 40 shot is a good place to start or finish at. I have a MPS dry shot system 40 shot with a power commander usb and hump mount bottle.
this system with a flip of a switch (mine hidden in hump compartment) , after cranking turns your horn into the nitrous switch . nothing seen ,looks stock unless looking under the hump. You will need to add approx 10% to the mix. with commander no engine work required on this . works great and also adds a second switch mod to have your start button turned into full throttle shifter button when a auto all electric or air shifter is installed. I have the Pingel all electric shifter. I also added a purge and a mds rpm switch . this enables and disables the nitro at preset rpm's so you can't hit it to early or to late in the rpm range. alittle saftey factor

Back