potential risk?

13004mee

Registered
Hey all hoping for some help here. very interested in adding some juice on my gen1 and have seen zex brand kits with 30-60 shot out there for under 500 bucks. before i jump on this,am i at a risk for engine failure here? ive heard of people using a lot more but i dont know the brand and have no experience using nitrous. i want some more snap without a big bang... any help is appreciated

Maybe a small dry shot once in awhile , but the big shots take work and eventually that stuff finds the weakness of a motor. Best of luck.

for anything under a 40-50 shot dynot tune makes a very affordable kit. If installed right it will work great for the guy wanting a lil kick in the pants on a weekend at the track. But whatever you do Dont fall for the IAT sensor will add the fuel you need line. Have the bike tuned for whatever size you go with and it will last.

if youre motor is mechanically sound and you follow the manufacturers instructions there is little likely hood that your gonna hurt anything. HOWEVER, if there is anything mechanically wrong or you dont install it correctly your going to make a mess. ive been messin with nitrous for over 20 years and every time ive broken something its been my fault. these companys that make these kits do a lot of r&r before they are put on the market.
i will add(not being a smarta**) if youre scared of breaking something you probably shouldnt be racing. eventually somethings gonna give.

I ran a 55 shot with no other engine mods (other than a pipe) for several years with no problems. Had it tuned at Schnitz using the ecu editor

I've ran nO2 on other applications for many years with no issues.
Nitrous is something that is safe to use IF... Yes IF....
1) You are a detailed person when performing engine work.
2) Understand Nitrous and how it works.
3) Use all the safety measures, Wet System, Low pressure cut off switch, Nitrous Regulator, Both NOS brand filters Nitrous and Fuel, Purge System (Yes purge has its functions its just not for show)
4) Follow all manufactures jet sizes.

Nitrous can be an engine grenade when not used properly, tuned properly, or pushing the limits and wanting more without properly tuning for it, compression, timing etc..

The bad thing about nitrous is.... Its not very forgiving at mistakes.

I've ran nO2 on other applications for many years with no issues.
Nitrous is something that is safe to use IF... Yes IF....
1) You are a detailed person when performing engine work.
2) Understand Nitrous and how it works.
3) Use all the safety measures, Wet System, Low pressure cut off switch, Nitrous Regulator, Both NOS brand filters Nitrous and Fuel, Purge System (Yes purge has its functions its just not for show)
4) Follow all manufactures jet sizes.

Nitrous can be an engine grenade when not used properly, tuned properly, or pushing the limits and wanting more without properly tuning for it, compression, timing etc..

The bad thing about nitrous is.... Its not very forgiving at mistakes.

But it is the most fun one can have from a bottle! Nothing like hitting the button and getting that feeling of boost!!:thumbsup:

i have a 2000 hyabusa with a dry shot fogger hooked to the air box. the bike just hit 10000 miles and recently spun a rod bearing. this was due (i think) to mid throttle shooting. i was told to only hit it if throttle was wide open. not sure how true this is. so i would like to know what risk factors there are as well. i am installing a 2007 engine with 4000 miles on it with in the next few days and am very concerned about another engine failure. i do have the dual map system and stage III dyno jet power commander. also with MPS air shifter.could i be doin g more harm than good hooking my nitrous up to yhis new engine.

Back