Advise on n2o kit for the bus

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
Okay , here goes. I have an Edlebrock nitrous solenoid (new) from a kit that a buddy had parted out, along with a 1lb bottle , and i have PLENTY of -4an line and fittings. All i need is to purchase is the NX nozzle and a window switch. Getting the parts are no problem as i own an import performance and sportbike shop. NOW, the thing is i've done TONS of cars with n2o , but not a bike , only turbo kits. How much of a DRY shot can the BUSA take SAFELY!! I plan on leeping this motor in one piece! I'm trying to get some ideas here so feel free to lend some opinions. Mapping is no problem , im using my Innovate LM-1 wideband to tune with. Also are you guys running upgraded fuel pumps with the n2o setups? Also trying to get some ideas on a mounting point OTHER THAN THE hump. Im working on a billet bracket to mount on the left side of the swingarm since i have a single exhaust. Have at it guys!

JP

Send a PM to Goldenchild . I've heard that no more than 50 shot on a stock busa .

is this for a pump gas street motor ? with the ''right setup'' it is possible to run a ton of spray safely,but it gets very involved

if you want to keep it simple (i like simple)you could go with a single .034 jet from 7500 up,get the a/f in the high 12's and you can spray it all day long,this is just my opinion,others may well disagree,research is your best bet

my setup is a little more involved,and i use 2, .026 jets,btc moto electronics box and a schnitz 2 dial,the box is set for 2nd gear activation,the 2 dial is set at 50 % with 2.5 second build time,stock pump

in my other bike (03 zx 12) i currently have a single .033 jet that is so much fun i can't put it into words,i have run as much as a single .038 jet,but that takes more setup,and is bordering on to much for the street in mho

btw,i would go with a small jet to get your self started,when everything is right,and you have good b/p a little .028 jet kicks pretty hard,good luck

no more than a 40hp shot dry, with out changing the fuel map(ie power commander) other wise you'll have slow motor melt down. I used to love those guys that brought their bikes to the shop, with way to much of a shot

i bought the kit used (barely) from a member on sho,he had purchased it new a month before from joe at a&j,it was a complete kit,bottle (1 lb) solinoid,lines,nozzles,jets,btc box,i am pretty sure i paid 550.00 for everything

i had placed a rather large order from joe,at a&j,a complete kit and a bunch of extras,all i got was a lot of excuses,after a month i cancled the order,and a few days later this kit popped up and i grabbed it,a few months later joe vanished

so i could say run a 40 shot and add a little fuel and all would be safe? thats about all im looking for.

i would think it would just run a litle rich on the top depending on how you tune it. You should only need more fuel mid-top range. A dyno and wideband would help a LOT on the tuning side.

JP

yes,i guess i was pretty lucky,i can't say enough good things about that box,i thought nlr was selling them,but i didn't see them on there site anymore ?

sure,you can run a n2o map all the time,it will be just a tad rich

i have a very simple dry shot on my 12,no fancy electronics
i spent most of the winter toying around with maps for different jet sizes,i don't use the buttons on the pc

Back