My Very Slow Build

Hey Mike , just realized you been racing 3 years longer than I've been hatched !! Also you were already in deep in Nam when I was just a glint in the old mans eye . This build maybe slower than you like coming together bro , but it is going to be done absolutely right , and I'm betting there wouldn't be many in country as intensively scrutinized , squeezed for every ounce of excess out of it , including massive BHP motor build . ICHI BIN LSR Hayabusa :beerchug:
Hi all. Thanks I am making some more 1 off parts. 1 the plate were the tank mounts to the frame and to the tank was steel now its aluminum. the spacers that go to the upper stay and the 6 in the foot pegs i made them in aluminum also. There are 4 bolts that hold the under piston oilers in place and the 4 plugs are now aluminum as are all the lightly stressed bolts in the motor. All tabs on the frame that are not needed will be cut off. The frame will be raked 5 degrees and power coated pink. the clutch pusher is made of ti 6mm rod. I am working on ti motor mount bolts now. I am also working on ti lowering links too' Oh one more thing I need is to have my HEAD checked out for all the time an $ in am spending on this bike!

Hey Mike , I have heard when Superbikes and Moto GP bikes reach speeds over a certain mph ( over 200 mph ) , the front brake lever can be activated to a slight degree by wind force causing some measurable drag . They run channeled levers , drilled or cut out , maybe something to think about bro . Also , did you consider raked custom triple clamps , or is the frame best option on the speeds and forces attained therein by LSR bikes ?
Yes get your head checked ... and gas flowed of course !! :thumbsup:
Cheers Mike .

Hey Mike , I see DME are listing the full engine mount and suspension shock and linkage bolts in titanium in full kit !! Did you score yours there before this release from them anyway ? I am missing the long engine bolts but have already done the rest , but will get this full kit anyway later in year , and use whats left over on next bike . :thumbsup:

Hey Mike , I see DME are listing the full engine mount and suspension shock and linkage bolts in titanium in full kit !! Did you score yours there before this release from them anyway ? I am missing the long engine bolts but have already done the rest , but will get this full kit anyway later in year , and use whats left over on next bike . :thumbsup:
Hi all. Yes I was the first to order them I think. I just found a Ti chain at Bellissi Moto 702-901-4028 it is very strong and light weight too! If anybody orders one please tell them that Mike from Windmill Cycles told you about it. Thanks.

Hi all. Yes I was the first to order them I think. I just found a Ti chain at Bellissi Moto 702-901-4028 it is very strong and light weight too! If anybody orders one please tell them that Mike from Windmill Cycles told you about it. Thanks.
That Ti chain sounds awesome Mike , If you are willing to run it with your HP output , then I think I should easily get away with that trickness !!!
This is a Ti sprocket , I missed out on these , but a fellow I know has one....lucky bastard !! :thumbsup:
IMG_0610.jpg

If you made any mistakes, no one wants you to be embarrassed either. I just want to know all about your happy ending and about the cool work that Frank does with his own two hands. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Oh no no that's just wrong :lol:

Where did this come from? It's beautiful
This is in regards to sprocket .
Someone was making these for awhile , people were buying up on them , think they might have been made in the US ?? , Anyway , think they were originally intended for current 1k Japanese and big V Twin Ducati Superbikes . They are not made anymore ... Superbike Store USA and I even think Superbike Unlimited carried them . By the time I learnt of them , they were history , but that fellow I know has a tuner who has a few stockpiled for select client only . Certainly is beautifully crafted , and they were not outrageously expensive at the time of sale , around AU$ 100 I believe . Pissed I missed that one . :thumbsup:

Ti axle and caliper looks good Mike , and the Beringer m/cyl also look real trick as well . The purple theme and of course such a special build as this , is begging for a cycle name , so thinking 'the lavender luv machine' might be fitting , what you think Mike ?? In all seriousness , the beast is certainly coming together nicely , noticing the ti fitting such as banjo bolts as example and also machined down tapered ti fasteners throughout the bike . :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ti axle and caliper looks good Mike , and the Beringer m/cyl also look real trick as well . The purple theme and of course such a special build as this , is begging for a cycle name , so thinking 'the lavender luv machine' might be fitting , what you think Mike ?? In all seriousness , the beast is certainly coming together nicely , noticing the ti fitting such as banjo bolts as example and also machined down tapered ti fasteners throughout the bike . :thumbsup:
Hi. the axle is lighter than Ti. The banjo fittings are aluminum.

Back