My Thoughts

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
This was orginally my reply to another thread that stated that "eveyone here was a valued member.

Okay, that was it. I must DISAGREE. Michelle, I have nothing against you or really anyone around here.

However, everyone is NOT a Valued member of the site, as it was pointed out to me recently that "some member(s)" have asked to have me removed, and it was also suggested that "maybe you don't belong here".

I have been very quiet about all of this stuff. I have no problem with the board being ran in consistency with what the owner wishes.

My problem is that somewhere along the line Integrity took the backseat around here. I have never sought approval. And I stand firmly on the principle that most people on here don't know me, and therefore CANNOT judge me. I could care less if someone disagrees with something that I post. But whatever happened to a man or woman bringing an "issue" that they may have to that person's attention?? I think it takes very little fortitude to request to have someone removed/banned.

I have not always agreed with everything I have read or seen of the board, but I if I had an issue with something, I could/would contact the person in question & bring it to their attention. I have NEVER reported anything as a violation, and NEVER reported anyone as "bothering" me.

I am all for the place being "family friendly", "grandma sensitive", or whatever. And I will be the first to admit that I have ran right up against the ragged edge at times on some posts with profanity, etc. But, for it to be pointed out to me that I am such a problem that "maybe I shouldn't be here", was a bit much for me.

I can even appreciate being warned as opposed to banned. I just find it hard that people can't have enough nerve to say how they feel about you, to you, instead of throwing a rock & hiding their hands like a child.

Thanks to all those (however few they may be), that I have had genuine conversations with, whether we agreed or agreed to disagree.

M. Kelley

dont get it... I must have missed something..

I thought your posting style had changed a good amount over the last year.. (in good way) not sure why anyone would single you out.. (a lot better options out there :laugh: )

Again, Southside, I'm just not sure what you want done in reference to whatever is going on between yourself and Doug. Not sure airing this for all is going to do any good either. It's not fair for anyone here to comment on either side since we're 1) not involved directly and 2) have not seen both sides... :2cents:

The behind the scenes complaining is childish but It is easier to hit the "report a post" button and cry for hours on end to the admins than it is to address your issue with an individual.

I speculate that those individuals only display that behavoir due to the impersonal nature of the Internet and would not have the intestional fortitude to discuss matters face to face.

That said if the leadership chooses to entertain this behavior it will continue, however in dealing with my sons this is the kind of thing I would tell them they need to work out among themselves. After a while they get good at it
working it out and I don't have to deal with every little hurt feeling.

It has been insinuated that I can't understand and that I lack common sense.
All by those who don't know me or anything about my background. You won't
see me making judgemental remarks to members. Malignant narcissism?

I have asked this time and time again, if you don't like it here, if you don't agree with decisions that are made, why do you continue to come back?

We manage this website with a vision, we know we will not be able to accommodate everyone, we have directed people to other busa sites that are out there but for some reason you keep coming back here to complain... I don't get it. This is not a government run website, you didn't have to invest a single penny to register or post. You get free messaging, a place to put your pictures and yet not a dime is charged...

We did not get any bail out money, we don't charge you to sell parts, everything is free... Why, someone help me understand why you continue to stick around if you disagree with everything on this site... We work the issues as best we know how, we know there are decisions that ALL of you don't agree with. Folks I can't even you to decide what color is the fastest much less the difficult topics.

I didn't send you an invitation via email to join the site, I don't have anything holding you here. It was your choice to register and it is your choice to stick around, we simply ask that you stick within the rules. If you have a problems that we contact you to ask that you stop behaving in a certain manner then you can choose what your actions will be.

We want people to come here to enjoy the company of other members, we want people to meet new folks but all this must be within the designated set of rules that have been set in place...

I would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on why people continue to stay here when they post they hate it so much and disagree with everything...

Cap

Excellent met

lol, i think i've had a couple of my posts reported, one or two even for good reason. i've changed my language so i can continue accessing the resource of the oRg. some people whine and have no backbone bro, that's all. just get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southside, I have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes. While I have at times not agreed with you, I have not felt that you made it personal so I can respect your position and have a reasonable discourse. However, an open post such as above IMHO does not help you or anyone else. It's Doug's house and he can do as he sees fit; but he is NOT an unreasonable guy unless you tick him off (so don't).

And by the way Cap, you should know by now that BLUE IS the fastest color (don't ban me bro!) :moon:

I have asked this time and time again, if you don't like it here, if you don't agree with decisions that are made, why do you continue to come back?

We manage this website with a vision, we know we will not be able to accommodate everyone, we have directed people to other busa sites that are out there but for some reason you keep coming back here to complain... I don't get it. This is not a government run website, you didn't have to invest a single penny to register or post. You get free messaging, a place to put your pictures and yet not a dime is charged...

We did not get any bail out money, we don't charge you to sell parts, everything is free... Why, someone help me understand why you continue to stick around if you disagree with everything on this site... We work the issues as best we know how, we know there are decisions that ALL of you don't agree with. Folks I can't even you to decide what color is the fastest much less the difficult topics.

I didn't send you an invitation via email to join the site, I don't have anything holding you here. It was your choice to register and it is your choice to stick around, we simply ask that you stick within the rules. If you have a problems that we contact you to ask that you stop behaving in a certain manner then you can choose what your actions will be.

We want people to come here to enjoy the company of other members, we want people to meet new folks but all this must be within the designated set of rules that have been set in place...

I would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on why people continue to stay here when they post they hate it so much and disagree with everything...

Cap

I NEVER said I hate it here & I never pulled that I am leaving mess, etc.

Until the other day, I didn't realize there was an issue. Again, it's your board, and I deserved a warning for profanity.

I don't disagree with anything anymore than anyone else around here. The topics I have posted are no more contraversial than anyone else's.

You & I have never, had words over anything, have we? I have never PM'ed you crying about anything someone posted. I have never even questioned the policies of the board. Never posted ****, etc. I have a potty mouth at time & I tend to challenge the heck out of political & social issues.

So don't swiftboat me with the rest of the people that post that they are leaving just to wait for everyone to post saying "stay" or "we'll miss you".

I posted this because there some folks in here that are just childish. If I don't like a post or a person I can ignore them. But it is not my place to ask you or anyone else to get someone kicked off the island, cause I don't like them or their politics, or whatever.

Last time I checked I was a grown man. Some dudes around here need to grow up & grow a pair.

Trust me, I have enough friends. I come in here cause I appreciate the info & I love an engaging conversation. I have gotten parts from people in here & have met some really nice folks.

I know things have been crazy around here lately. However, I didn't think I had stepped on anyones toes to the point where them or you shoulda suggested that I get out.

Last edited:
I've got no clue what is going on so I'll not comment on anything related to site level fun.

On a personal note, our views have at times been polar opposites but I always welcome the opposing view and comments you have brought to the board. :thumbsup:

It has been insinuated that I can't understand and that I lack common sense.
All by those who don't know me or anything about my background. You won't
see me making judgemental remarks to members. Malignant narcissism?

Wasn't referring to any Admins/mods here, just a twit or two.

It's not that Phil; it's just that you are so dang OLD (KIDDING!) :moon:

Excellent met

lol, i think i've had a couple of my posts reported, one or two even for good reason. i've changed my language so i can continue accessing the resource of the oRg. some people whine and have no backbone bro, that's all. just get used to it.

:edit: who is met?

This was orginally my reply to another thread that stated that "eveyone here was a valued member.

Okay, that was it. I must DISAGREE. Michelle, I have nothing against you or really anyone around here.

However, everyone is NOT a Valued member of the site, as it was pointed out to me recently that "some member(s)" have asked to have me removed, and it was also suggested that "maybe you don't belong here".

I have been very quiet about all of this stuff. I have no problem with the board being ran in consistency with what the owner wishes.

My problem is that somewhere along the line Integrity took the backseat around here. I have never sought approval. And I stand firmly on the principle that most people on here don't know me, and therefore CANNOT judge me. I could care less if someone disagrees with something that I post. But whatever happened to a man or woman bringing an "issue" that they may have to that person's attention?? I think it takes very little fortitude to request to have someone removed/banned.

I have not always agreed with everything I have read or seen of the board, but I if I had an issue with something, I could/would contact the person in question & bring it to their attention. I have NEVER reported anything as a violation, and NEVER reported anyone as "bothering" me.

I am all for the place being "family friendly", "grandma sensitive", or whatever. And I will be the first to admit that I have ran right up against the ragged edge at times on some posts with profanity, etc. But, for it to be pointed out to me that I am such a problem that "maybe I shouldn't be here", was a bit much for me.

I can even appreciate being warned as opposed to banned. I just find it hard that people can't have enough nerve to say how they feel about you, to you, instead of throwing a rock & hiding their hands like a child.

Thanks to all those (however few they may be), that I have had genuine conversations with, whether we agreed or agreed to disagree.

M. Kelley

i have never had a problem with anything anyone posted, its apart of being individuals. if i didnt agree with it so be it. i didnt run and tattle tail on them. cap and the mods have far better things to do than play recess gaurds to a bunch of adults (assuming i am one too). its seems as of late that if you dont eat lunch at the cool table you are ostracized to the chess club. i dont agree with alot of rules(not just these ones on this board). they seem to cator to ppl who have nothing better to do than pm a mod daily.. they are truley designed to keep the mods from being bothered by thin skinned ppl with nothing better to do than complain.

i spent hours last night reading through the old org threads...man we all used to really get along even after the smack shack.....i miss the old days

thanks to cap and the mods for all you try to do to make it good for everyone, your fighting a win less battle

i have never had a problem with anything anyone posted, its apart of being individuals. if i didnt agree with it so be it. i didnt run and tattle tail on them. cap and the mods have far better things to do than play recess gaurds to a bunch of adults (assuming i am one too). its seems as of late that if you dont eat lunch at the cool table you are ostracized to the chess club. i dont agree with alot of rules(not just these ones on this board). they seem to cator to ppl who have nothing better to do than pm a mod daily.. they are truley designed to keep the mods from being bothered by thin skinned ppl with nothing better to do than complain.

i spent hours last night reading through the old org threads...man we all used to really get along even after the smack shack.....i miss the old days

thanks to cap and the mods for all you try to do to make it good for everyone, your fighting a win less battle

I disagree my friend, it is not a win less battle. We can get back to the good old days, and we are trying very hard to do just that. :beerchug:

Back