scary thought

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I always get a little nervous before a ride, and was thinking "what would happen" if I was in an accident, hurt or worse. One thing for sure, is that no one on here would ever find out. My wife never goes on line other than to find out about things affecting our lives, or for entertainment, but other that that none of my new friends in here would ever know anything happened.

I know that my departing would not mean much if anything to anyone in here, but there are people that I have met, have helped me, and I have gotten to be very good friends with over the internet. There is very little chance that my wife would hit all or maybe any of the sites I frequent.

Any ideas? How would a guy leave a "in case of my untimely death" or etc letter to be posted online?

The only thing I can think of would be just a handwritten letter, stuck in the safe that gives URL's of my friends' websites.

I know its a crappy subject, but always in the back of my mind, especially after everything we have just been through.

Thoughts? Have any of you guys done anything similar?

I have thought the same before. It makes me wonder how many times it has happened on here and nobody even knows.

Did I come off in a bad mood?

Sorry, not my intention.

I am not asking wether or not I should go for a ride, I am asking if anyone has any thoughts on letting people know if something happened? There is no one else here that comes to this website, is anyone else in the same situation I am?

I think you should check in every day. Internet is everywhere.

I have a friend disappeared from here and not answering his phone,e-mail, sms... I hope that I pissed him off some how and he don`t want to talk anymore. I hope that`s the case if you know what I mean.

If you have a will, include a note instructing your wife or a friend that you trust to contact your friends online at this website for example, and ask them to follow the instructions to contact one of the administrators with the news. I am sure they would gladly notify all of us.

I thought the same thing briefly today.
I really haven't actually met anybody from this site yet, but I imagine if I had, I would want them to know. Probably a good idea to leave some sort of note if it's important to you.

I wonder if anybody's been buried in full gear on a bike.
I imagine you'd have to dig the hole like 10ft deep, so your head doesn't eventually pop up from the frost. I'd wanna be positioned in a full tuck of coarse. (Racing to the Pearly Gates). Anyone ever seen a superbike headstone?
Hmm...that would be a pretty original funeral.

Talk to your wife and explain how you feel. Explain why people online would want to know of something happening to you. If she's not a computer person or talks online, she probly won't understand this at first. An easy option would to have some board member's phone contact info at your house that your family could use to tell what has happened.

(Luvanicebum @ May 30 2007,00:22) I thought the same thing briefly today.
I really haven't actually met anybody from this site yet, but I imagine if I had, I would want them to know. Probably a good idea to leave some sort of note if it's important to you.

I imagine you'd have to dig the hole like 10ft deep, so your head doesn't eventually pop up from the frost. I'd wanna be positioned in a full tuck of coarse. (Racing to the Pearly Gates). Anyone ever seen a superbike headstone?
Like that?

Motorcycle_3_BIG_ROCK_6_copy.jpg

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 29 2007,23
zzwhip.gif
)
(Luvanicebum @ May 30 2007,00:22) I thought the same thing briefly today.  
I really haven't actually met anybody from this site yet, but I imagine if I had, I would want them to know.   Probably a good idea to leave some sort of note if it's important to you.

I imagine you'd have to dig the hole like 10ft deep, so your head doesn't eventually pop up from the frost.   I'd wanna be positioned in a full tuck of coarse.  (Racing to the Pearly Gates).  Anyone ever seen a superbike headstone?
Like that?
ices_rofl.gif

Ewwww...it's a Honda headstone.  Talk about sacreligious.  
crazy.gif

laugh.gif
  Nice work...
Guess what my Avatar's gonna be...
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 30 2007,01:58) I think you should check in every day. Internet is everywhere.

I have a friend disappeared from here and not answering his phone,e-mail, sms... I hope that I pissed him off some how and he don`t want to talk anymore. I hope that`s the case if you know what I mean.
laugh.gif

I have a fail safe built into my EI7 that if I don’t long on to the net ever 5 min's will send out a prerecorded message of my untimely death. Dude quit worrying so much and go out and ride!
super.gif

(300Busa @ May 30 2007,00:56) I have thought the same before.  It makes me wonder how many times it has happened on here and nobody even knows.
I wonder that exact same thing every time I hear about a fatal bike crash somewhere: did I know that guy from an internet site?

(hayadooin @ May 30 2007,10:42) 300 busa where was that pic. taken?

kickass.gif
I don't know. It is something that I had saved on my computer from a long time ago. I found it online somewhere.

Back