My new tail project...some plastic surgery

Hayabusa2005

Registered
Gave my Busa some plastic surgery today...a little "lipo" in the rear and gave her a firmer, streamlined rear end :laugh:.

Today, my Hot Bodies Undertail came in so this evening I spent a little over 2 hours putting it on. Turned out very nice and I am happy. At first I was a little paranoid about hacking or cutting on my Hayabusa as I didnt want to mess anything up. The undertail is not just a bolt on accessory. You have to take a dremel and actually cut the factory undertail off, splice your wires, and re-assemble. It is pretty easy if you read the directions a couple of times and take your time doing everything. Here are some pictures...the first is before I started.

2005busa_2side.jpeg

hotbodies.jpeg

undertail1.jpeg

undertail2.jpeg

undertail3.jpeg

undertailcut.jpeg

oldtail.jpeg

undertailtrimmed.jpeg

undertailwire1.jpeg

undertailwire2.jpeg

not to threadjack, but what's this? i just had my tail off dont recall seeing it.....

undertail1.jpeg

I'd guess it's a voltage regulator. Typical place to find them. More over, niiiiice, diggin' tha fastest color combo there, looks good! :laugh:

looks great.:beerchug: so, it seems like a good product? looking at investing in one, but heard mixed stories about different brands. how well does it fit & color match? did it come with a signal intergrator?

Back