Plastic Surgery

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
After a couple of trips to NC to Busa Bashes I had a good bit of input on how to alter the rear of these fine bikes.

For whatever reason, I can not get my head around the undertails most people run. They look great but the lighting that you get is below what I think I have with the stock system - in my neck of the woods we have an over abundance of teenaged kids who REALLY need to see something back there blinking and flashing and the little diodes I have seen left me scratching my head.

Anyhoo, a quick search of this site (thanks goes out to Bullet Train) and some PMs to Revlis and I had some good advice on how to hack the rear 'mudflap' to open up the back of the bike and still keep a stock look and stock lighting.

I know, not a big deal, not a big time mod but the bike does look better from the back. A Dremel, an assortment of sand paper and a lovely and talented assistant and about 1 hour and here is what I have....

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 02 2006,14:21) SWEET  BUT  GET AN INTEGRATOR KIT AND CHOP MORE OF IT
Believe me, it took some doing to put up the dremel and quit cutting.
This was three 'final cuts' later!
For whatever reason, I want to keep a somewhat stock look - no license plate relocation, the cops in my home town already KNOW ME and they tend to be a picky lot.
My 21 year old son / gear head was my first 'spot the mod' audience and he could not figure out what I had done, at least not right away.

I'll look into the integrator kit. Think Rev mentioned that one...

thats how it starts. then its all gone.
looks good

Very nice.....your azz is like mine.
beerchug.gif

Nice work, I did the same to mine about a month ago, mine is just a little shorter.

HPIM0326.jpg

(thepushercg @ Oct. 02 2006,16:11) a big UT would look better on your bike than the A
Yeah!

Anything but that!
But hey, the way this season is going....

Good job.
cool.gif

Mine didn't last 2 hrs after I got it home.
I cut every bit of it off and relocated the stock turn signals.............

DSC00592.JPG

Back