My New Ride

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Hello all, I am new to this forum and to the Busa. I have been a V-Max enthusiest for several years now and have heard stories of the mighty Busa. A couple weeks ago I was surfing the net and started checking out the Busa, watched a couple movies with bike mounted cam and said "Damn, I want one of those!" went to ebay and within 10 minutes I bought one. This is my first sport bike, man what an awesome machine and I thought my V-Max's were fast. Here's a pic of my new/used 05 busa and one of my 03 Max, yah I know, I cant get rid of anything.
BTW, anyone know if the mid pipes on the FMF slip-ons can be polished, chromed or ceramic coated? They look kinda dingy to me and could use some brightening up.

Busa1.jpg

Busa2.jpg

V-Max.jpg

Is that a VGAS on the vmax....I had a 2000 vmax with stadge 7 and a kerker and went to a busa also.
bowdown.gif

nice bikes and welcome. post some more of the vmax. i have allways had a spot in my heart for the v max.

(V-Max 2 Busa @ Dec. 23 2006,04:57) BTW, anyone know if the mid pipes on the FMF slip-ons can be polished, chromed or ceramic coated?  They look kinda dingy to me and could use some brightening up.
You can do any of that . Also can buy the works to coat and bake in your oven and or maybe even have them clear powder coated .

Also you could just high temp clear coat the mids after cleaning with sand paper or emery cloth . If it ever yellows , easy enough to sand and re-clear .

Could you post a pic of the Busa from straight behind ?

biggrin.gif

Nice bikes. I'm a former V-Max rider myself. The Busa just seemed the natural evolution.

Thanks all for the warm welcome
MountainMotor, yes I can post a pic from behind, although first I should fix what the previous owner (moron) did mounting the FMF slip-ons, they are waaaayyyyy uneven, the right can is about 1.5" from turn signal and the left can is like .25" from turn signal, also the left can is not level, the tip points kinda outward instead of straight back, looks like crap (man, I think some people simply shouldn't be allowed to own tools, know what I mean?). To make matters worse he said that the slip-ons used a ring/sleeve heat activated type gasket between the mid pipe and the muffler and after running the bike that sucker is set, like permanently, he said he tried to get it apart and was unsuccessful, guess I'm going to have to take a closer look & maybe talk to the folks at FMF. I actually wasn't too keen on the blue cans at first but I have yet to see another Busa anywhere with this exhaust and I do like being different, besides it kinda balances out the color scheme of the bike and does tend to grow on you. The blue cans are the first thing people comment on when they see the bike so I guess they are rather unique. Now, first things first, I gotta work up the nerve to cut off that "big ol fat ugly as sin" rear fender, any tips on getting a smooth clean cut just taking the fender section off up to the square section (without adding an undertail kit)?

Welcome... and thanks for the pics.

Cutting off the shovel on the back and adding a new undertail is sooooo natural... just do it!
biggrin.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Should be plenty of guys chime in on the fender triming. Are you wanting to take it all the way up, or just to the license plate? I have seen a couple undertails for sale here for a reasonable price if you have any interest. Thanks for the pics.

Back