My New Micron Pipes

Thinker... Your bike looks bada$$!

Are they heavier, lighter, or practically the same as originals?

And, have you noticed any difference anywhere (bad or good) in the power (at any RPM)?

Were they easy to install or did a shop do it for you? If a shop... How much time?

Finally, can you go into more detail about the chrome cracking?? I am digging the Black to Chrome ones for mine.

Thx in advance, Rip

Thinker...  Your bike looks bada$$!

Are they heavier, lighter, or practically the same as originals?

And, have you noticed any difference anywhere (bad or good) in the power (at any RPM)?

Were they easy to install or did a shop do it for you?  If a shop...  How much time?

Finally, can you go into more detail about the chrome cracking??  I am digging the Black to Chrome ones for mine.

Thx in advance, Rip
1. I don't know about the weight. I didn't pay that much attention, but I suspect that they are similar or a bit lighter.

2. It is hard to say about the power because I did not get much time riding the originals last year and it would be too hard to try to compare to a memory several months old. However, it sure seems to have more on the lower end than I remembered. I haven't really ridden it up top much yet.

3. They were extremely easy to install...only 3 bolts to disconnect/connect the cans to the mid-pipes and 1 attachment to the foot peg holder. And I am the guy nervous about changing his own oil.

4. I will try to capture this on a picture. I honestly didn't even notice it...Havoc had to point it out to me. The manufacturer had a name for it and said that they run into it like one in a thousand. Apparently, when it happens, it happens to the chrome portions of the cans. He also tried to tell me how it actually "looks good, looks mean". Course that was a line of bull. I will say that he was cool with resleeving them anytime I want within the first year.

We have a sunny day, so let me try to get a picture this evening.

Later

Bike and pipes look really good...Take care of her she's a beaut...

Cache, Havoc, Thinker,
Thanks for the inputs gentleman. I was thinking Yoshimura TRS Zyclone Bolt ons, but I will certainly be giving Micron a much closer look. Thanks again,

You know what would be really cool? If you coul drecord and post some sound files of them bad boys, it would really help convince the wife that pipes are neccessary. Stock pipes are SOOO quiet.

Thanks again.

Cache, Havoc, Thinker,
 Thanks for the inputs gentleman.  I was thinking Yoshimura TRS Zyclone Bolt ons, but I will certainly be giving Micron a much closer look.  Thanks again,

You know what would be really cool?  If you coul drecord and post some sound files of them bad boys, it would really help convince the wife that pipes are neccessary.  Stock pipes are SOOO quiet.

Thanks again.
That one is beyond me dude. I still plan to try to get photo of the cracking, but need just the right sun hitting them.

Cache, Havoc, Thinker,
 Thanks for the inputs gentleman.  I was thinking Yoshimura TRS Zyclone Bolt ons, but I will certainly be giving Micron a much closer look.  Thanks again,

You know what would be really cool?  If you coul drecord and post some sound files of them bad boys, it would really help convince the wife that pipes are neccessary.  Stock pipes are SOOO quiet.

Thanks again.
the Zyclone are to quiet, i have the rs3 race and like them alot, my neighbor up the street with a SE has those and wishes he got the RS3

I have a question Havoc,
I am just curious how the Zyclones compare to the Stock exhaust? I am thinking they might be right up my alley, but you have an advantage, I still have never heard the Zyclones in real life on anything.

What I am after is a pair of slip ons that will give me a good throaty sound without limiting me to low RPM's around town. I really don't want any pitched screaming...I know I must be getting old. I want some bass down low and a Roar up top. No screaming aloud...

Any suggestions? I appreciate it.

Back