My new favorite iPhone app

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
5-0 Radio. Has fire, police and rescue from departments all across the country. $1.99 off iTunes store. I enjoy listening to all the local goings-on while I'm at my desk working.

Yesterday there was a bank robbery and a shooting. But a majority of the time seems to be spent on "Mom calls because Daughter is being disrespectful", or "naked woman wondering around in yard off her meds", "Boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife assaulting BF/GF/Hubby/Wife" etc....About 1% of the calls seem to be for something that the police should be handling, and the rest is just peoples stupidity.

There apparently are some legal issues that may be involved, as in some states having a mobile police scanner is against the law as it could be (and has been) used as a lookout for someone wanting to commit a crime.

Cool, I didnt know they had stuff like that. I just downloaded Scanner Radio for the droid. Thats awesome!

pretty cool :) I actually still have a scanner from HS that gets all the police/fire/rescue but also gets all the 900mhz range as well as the various ones that the NASCAR folks use :thumbsup:

a buddy of mine i went to school with used to turn that on when we wanted a good laugh. some of the stuff broadcasted on there is useless and hilarious!

Don't tell Omar...he'll be downloading that app too :banghead:

He's an "app man" now :rofl:

Back