My new favorite news story

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Saw this on FOX's website as a blurb...

Department of Justice files a lawsuit against Arizona over its immigration policy, accusing the state of trying to 'second guess' the federal government.

Who needs to second guess the federal govt? They are doing nothing towards immigration.....

Shouldn't he headline read something like this....

Arizona passes new law that goes into effect in July because the Federal Goverment failed to protect the borders...

W H A T E V E R

Humm. The Tenth Amendment reserves to the states all powers that are not granted to the federal government by the Constitution, except for those powers that states are constitutionally forbidden from exercising.

There is nothing in the Constitution to bar the states from enacting laws regarding the treatment of immigrants. The states may not pass their own naturalization rules, and they cannot deprive an immigrant of any right he may have under the Constitution. But apart from these clear exceptions, the federal government has no authority to tell states they cannot pass laws relating to immigration. Such authority was not delegated to the federal government by the Constitution, nor does the Constitution prohibit the states from all regulation of immigration, so under the Tenth Amendment, the states retain this power.

Since when does the Constitution mean anything to those in power?

Ever seen one of them called out on it? Talk about a tap dance!

Im just so tired of hearing about the rights of people that have come into our country illegally.... They should have no rights, prividedges maybe but no inherent rights... Put them on a bus, ship them back... For those that don't think that we can survive with out them I think you might be impressed with the ability of the American people to cope and deal with it...

It's easy to get sucked into the emotion of the situation, send them back and make them come back legally.....

Step 1. Protect the borders, lock em down.
Step 2. Bus illegals back where they came from.....

I find it amazing that California is contemplating filing bankruptcy but yet people are screaming about Arizona and the new immigration law... Personally a state than cannot budget it's finances should have no voice on the matter. Can California not see that the illegal immigrants in that state is having a major impact on the state being able to pay it's bills...

It's unbelievable that people want to give everything away to illegals and have the rest of the state and country pay the bills.... I think that California is a perfect example that we are giving our services, health care, food to people that don't pay taxes and send their money back to Mexico... It has been said for years and years that illegal immigrants were a huge burden on the country, we are seeing it now and the president and his administration have turned a blind eye to it, all the time looking for the Latino vote...

Geeeez people stand up let's take our country back.... I am so tired of people "Wanting to just get along", we have rules, now let's enforce them...

California you don't get to put your input in because your need to put all your energy into trying to figure out where your money went....

Im so tired of the Federal govt...

CAp

Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds

The cost of harboring illegal immigrants in the United States is a staggering
$113 billion a year -- an average of $1,117 for every “native-headed”
household in America -- according to a study conducted by the Federation
for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

The study, a copy of which was provided to FoxNews.com, “is the first and
most detailed look at the costs of illegal immigration ever done,” says Bob
Dane, director of communications at FAIR, a conservative organization that
seeks to end almost all immigration to the U.S.

FAIR's opponents in the bitter immigration debate describe the organization
as "extremist," though it is regularly called upon to testify before Congress.

Groups that support immigration reform immediately attacked FAIR's report
and pointed out that it is the polar opposite of the Perryman Report, a 2008
study that found illegal immigration was actually a boon to the American
economy. It estimated that illegal immigrants add $245 billion in Gross
Domestic Product to the economy and account for 2.8 million jobs.

The FAIR report comes as President Obama moves immigration reform to the
top of his agenda, and it is likely to be a rallying point for those who oppose
the president. At a speech Thursday at American University in Washington,
D.C., Obama argued that the entire immigration system is broken and needs
sweeping reforms. Among the changes he said are needed is "a path for
[farm] workers to earn legal status," which the president's critics called an
opening for a new amnesty program.

FAIR's report argues that there are two choices in the immigration
debate: “One choice is pursuing a strategy that discourages future illegal
migration and increasingly diminishes the current illegal alien population
through denial of job opportunities and deportations. The other choice,” it
says, “would repeat the unfortunate decision made in 1986 to adopt an
amnesty that invited continued illegal migration.”

The report states that an amnesty program wouldn’t appreciably increase tax
revenue and would cost massive amounts in Social Security and public
assistance expenses. An amnesty “would therefore be an accentuation of
the already enormous fiscal burden,” the report concludes.

The single largest cost to the government of illegal immigration, according to
the report, is an estimated $52 billion spent on schooling the children of
illegals. “Nearly all those costs are absorbed by state and local governments,’
the report states.

Moreover, the study’s breakdown of costs on a state-by-state basis shows
that in states with the largest number of illegals, the costs of illegal
immigration are often greater than current, crippling budget deficits. In
Texas, for example, the additional cost of immigration, $16.4 billion, is equal
to the state’s current budget deficit; in California the additional cost of illegal
immigration, $21.8 billion, is $8 billion more than the state’s current budget
deficit of $13.8 billion; and in New York, the $6.8 billion deficit is roughly two-
thirds the $9.5 billion yearly cost of its illegal population, according to Jack
Martin, the researcher who completed the study.

“The most important finding of the study is the enormous cost to state and
local governments due to lack of enforcement of our immigration laws,”
Martin wrote.

The report found that the federal government paid $28.6 billion in illegal
related costs, and state and local governments paid $84.2 billion on an
estimated 13 million undocumented residents. In his speech, Obama
estimated that there are 11 million.

But FAIR's critics said the report wrongly included American-born children of
undocumented workers in its study.

“The single biggest 'expense' it attributes to unauthorized immigrants is the
education of their children, yet most of these children are native-born, U.S.
citizens who will grow up to be taxpaying adults," said Walter Ewing, a senior
researcher at the American Immigration Council. "It is disingenuous to count
the cost of investing in the education of these children, so that they will
earn higher incomes and pay more in taxes when they are adults, as if it
were nothing more than a cost incurred by their parents."

He added that “the report fails to account for the purchasing power of
unauthorized consumers, which supports U.S. businesses and U.S. jobs” and
that it “ignores the value added to the U.S. economy by unauthorized
workers, particularly in the service sector.”

Martin said FAIR expected that criticism, but that because the children are a
direct result of illegal immigration, their inclusion was both fair and reasonable.

Last edited:
And here I though Cali had bigger issues like taking toys away from Mickey D's Happy meals :laugh:cause the parents there don't know how to stop their kids from going there. :laugh:

I guess I don't know what a "no brainer" is..... More likely to get in trouble for 65 mph. "Uh..Well... I snuck in when you wern't looking...." Try that in a federal building

While the subject is different the principle is the same .
Can the federal govt tell states what to do ?

Same thing that caused the first American civil war .
And I say first cuz we better get ready for the second ???

However, we are ONE Supreme Court vote away from having AZ's law struck down. Think about it...just ONE. That's why one of the most important tasks a President can do is nominate a member of the court....This case, right now, would pass the challenge, but the administration hopes to keep it in limbo for as long as possible...Could we have imagined the day that ONE vote is all that stood between the 2nd Amendment and loss of our most valuable right? It just happened last week...

However, we are ONE Supreme Court vote away from having AZ's law struck down. Think about it...just ONE. That's why one of the most important tasks a President can do is nominate a member of the court....This case, right now, would pass the challenge, but the administration hopes to keep it in limbo for as long as possible...Could we have imagined the day that ONE vote is all that stood between the 2nd Amendment and loss of our most valuable right? It just happened last week...

Let's just get it over with ! Let them ban everything and try to force us to do their bidding . I'm tired of the nickel and diming .
Just let them try to take the whole damn dollar I tell ya .
Then it will be like Scarface !

'You want a war......well say hello to my little friend !'
:)

:thumbsup: I'd vote for you Cap.

Oh my, I am the last person that should ever be president... I would have my finger tapping on the big red button too often......

I don't have the temperment for the job. I am a pretty no nonsense type of guy in some areas... Personally it seems that our leaders have forgotten how to lead and they are now nothing more than just mediators trying to keep the peace no matter what the issue.

Being a leader isn't a popularity contest, you can't please everyone, in a country as diverse as this one you will make someone mad at your decision, if you make one......

cap

I would rather have a no nonsense person in charge rather than the no sense goverment that we have now.

I hope it does not get ruled unconstitutional by Government. AZ feels pretty confident it wont. There are other states that feel the same and are on board as AZ

I think welfare is the root of crime anyway. Lets reward those that dont work and teach 4 generations that things are supposed to be handed to you and not earned.

Back