my new car, 71 chevy

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
first off whats up my people!! I am still alive from riding and being right in the path of hurricane IKEs path! No damage whatsoever, I consider lucky.

This car has been in the family for a while. it is baby's mamma 'mammas' car that once was 'her' brothers. If all that makes any since ahahah. The car started out as a chevelle malibu and he restored it with original parts to an ss. He passed away sometime and the car was kept. This car once was offered 20,000$ on the spot, here in Houston. But it has sentimental value. I hear that he took the car to the track and it whooped up on people. I am new to chevy, I recently sold my 86 5.0 mustang to my 17yr old brother.

Now here is the list of mods that i am told:
It has a 350 4-barrel, 460+ horses, see thru valve covers, hydraulic lifters, MSD ignition system, posi-traction, and dual exhausts.

Now for no power adders, the engine obviously during rebuilt, it has alot more done than that and was replaced with nothing stock, bored, cam etc to make that power.

I am picking this up for a cool 10k, I can not wait to get this badboy!!

pics: VillagePhotos-Free photo hosting, free image hosting, picture upload, free picture hosting, eBay selling tools, listing management, picture hosting and image management.

It's prob been bored to a 355 and it prob does have alot of ponies,it has dual quads. Nice looking ride for a chevy that is. Sorry I'm a mustang fan myself . I have a slim chance of purchasing an 01 kenny brown cobra convertable pushing 500 hp with 11000 miles for 13000. Let those sweet deals keep comin around. Have fun with it! :beerchug:

OK the see thru valve covers is insane that mill make trouble shooting a little easier lol thats genius.. nice car:thumbsup:

Nice car. From the pics the only piece of advise I can offer would be to replace that old HEI distributor with an MSD piece.

My fun car is a 71 Nova with a built 496 pumping mucho power through a TH400 with trans brake and a 9" with 410 gears. No radio, no air, but is has a full cage and I like it :thumbsup:

It's prob been bored to a 355 and it prob does have alot of ponies,it has dual quads. Nice looking ride for a chevy that is. Sorry I'm a mustang fan myself . I have a slim chance of purchasing an 01 kenny brown cobra convertable pushing 500 hp with 11000 miles for 13000. Let those sweet deals keep comin around. Have fun with it! :beerchug:

also could be a stroker motor (377, 383, 396, etc). fairly easy (change rods and drop in a skat crank) and parts are in abundance. with fair driving it might even roll out acceptable mileage.

the stroker motor in my 73 chev truck pumps out 400+hp and while driving 'normal' with the a/c running i can get right at 22mpg. when i plant the gas it will use 1/8 tank of gas between shifts. :laugh:

I have a 71 HEAVY CHEVY chevelle that I did a frame off resto on.Good choice in car's.If you need any info pm me.I just looked at the pics.I wish my car came with A/C.

Last edited:
Back