My loud exhaust scared someone off the road today

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I was entering the freeway at full throttle this morning, and I was being loud as hell. Then car infront of me swerved off the road in such a way that they were reacting to something they heard but didn't know where it was coming from. I've never seen anything like that before. I knew the Busa was scary, but never seen anyone react to it like that before.

cool.gif
What cans do you have?

They might have thought their Cell phone was making a really loud noise and pulled over to investigate and never even noticed you fly by...
They seem to be oblivious to use as a rule...

Car in front prolly didn't hear anything. The Whole "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" crap is just that. Unless you are toodling along at 20-25 MPH NOBODY in front can here you worth a damn.

All them pipes make noise behind you... Not in front...

Did you have you're High-Beam on? Might have just irritated them.

Car in front prolly didn't hear anything.  The Whole "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" crap is just that.  Unless you are toodling along at 20-25 MPH NOBODY in front can here you worth a damn.    

All them pipes make noise behind you...  Not in front...

Did you have you're High-Beam on?  Might have just irritated them.
rock.gif

Car in front prolly didn't hear anything.  The Whole "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" crap is just that.  Unless you are toodling along at 20-25 MPH NOBODY in front can here you worth a damn.    

All them pipes make noise behind you...  Not in front...

Did you have you're High-Beam on?  Might have just irritated them.
Depends...

I have heard bikes coming up behind me when in my work truck. That noise might be enough to warn the driver of a bike on their side so they don't change lanes into the bike.

just a thought.

My buddy rides a red ST1300. when he has his headlight modulator on, cars pull over because they think he's a cop coming up behind them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Now see I scared somebody with my HID I think. I passed two "Work/Contractor" trucks on a back road yesterday morning (rather quickly) and zipped in behind a granny wagon and the all of the sudden this thing jerks to the right and goes two wheels off the road into the grass and then back onto the road and was acting all eratic (back off the road several times) until I finally decided I didn't want to die because off this fooll and passed them too. As soon as I went by it straightened right out and was driving normal again. I know the HID is annoying but damn, this car was way out of control, it kept swerving off the pavement and kicking up all kinds of stuff from the grass and gravel.

Car in front prolly didn't hear anything. The Whole "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" crap is just that. Unless you are toodling along at 20-25 MPH NOBODY in front can here you worth a damn.

All them pipes make noise behind you... Not in front...

Did you have you're High-Beam on? Might have just irritated them.
The onramp had walls, which I think amplified things quite a bit.

They probably thought you were coming in a high rate of speed and pulled over to let you pass.

Back