Had my scary moment today.

newman

Registered
Going along in town today and a guy pulled out of a side turning in front of me. I knew I couldn't stop in time so I had to swerve out of his way and automatically opened the throttle, before I knew it I'm right at a stop light at a crossroad, again I knew if I braked I would stop in the middle of the crossroad so I just gunned it and as I did I caught a glimpse of a car stopped at the left road of the crossroad.
I think all the lights were red to let people cross. I nearly went home but I thought no you've had a scare just keep on riding, so I went for a ride in the country. I feel very lucky and trying not to think of what could have happened. I just hope there weren't any cop cameras about.
I wasn't going mad and was within the speed limit which is 30mph in town.

Understand that. Coming back to the hotel through Eureka Saturday, 2 people pulled right out in front of me, one I had to stop completely. Yesterday on the way home from work, an old man turned right and came into my lane. I went between him and the yellow line and turned around and have him the "wtf" look, he slowed way down and kept his distance. They dont see us.

dont forget to take down thier liscense plate numbers and report them for reckless driveing like they are being instructed to do to us if they think we do something "unsafe"

Just had a cage encounter on the way to lunch. Pickup truck goes from the right turn lane starting to make the turn to shooting across the right lane and into the left lane where I was. Then he stops dead at the next intersection for no reason before turning left. Fortunately I was paying attention to him. And I was riding the V-twin with the baffles removed, so out goes the loud pipes theory.

Just had a cage encounter on the way to lunch. Pickup truck goes from the right turn lane starting to make the turn to shooting across the right lane and into the left lane where I was. Then he stops dead at the next intersection for no reason before turning left. Fortunately I was paying attention to him. And I was riding the V-twin with the baffles removed, so out goes the loud pipes theory.

When did you get a v-twin? :poke:

We all have bad moments!
What is important that you kept your head and got out of a bad situation.:thumbsup:
Regards

Unfortunately you can't let your guard down on the country roads either! Yesterday my close call was with one of these completely covering the narrow-no-lane-lines country road from one side to the other -- on a blind curve.

john_deere_sprayer.jpg

was driving through a parking lot,noticed this car driving across the lot not with the way the lanes were,i knew he didnt see me because he was just looking straight forward,so i waited til he got right infront of me and layed on the horn...i got that deer in headlights look from him..i laughed out of the parking lot...lol:laugh:

Sounds like someone lost and looking for some place. Glad he didn't collect you.

I don't know who's more dangerous, the idiots that can't drive / lack skills, or the ones that like to play....

Back