1st scare on the busa!

fastnotch2002

Registered
Was riding to my sons baseball game this evening, sunny 68 degrees. Theres a nice little set os S curves 20 mph on t he way to the complex,, any how I hit them at about 40 mph, took them a little faster on my R1 before, Anyways as I was rounding the second one I felt my rear tire slide out from under me, scared the living $hit out of me, Never had it happen on that curve befor,e plus I just got the Busa an am getting uses to it! Lesson learned, The Busa has a stock set of Battle axes on them, do they suck that BAD? I've always ran pilots on my R1's and NEVER had any issues no matter how hard I push it. Seems like the ovibous choice is to get a set of decent tires?

lose the axes go back to the pilots......i have the new 2CT i would rather spend the money on sticky tires,than on all the "other stuff" if you know what i mean

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
Yeah, the probably suck. They're ok for just puttin' around I think, but I never really trusted them too much although I'm sure others might have a different opinion. I LOVE my Pilot Powers and push them at times, but I always feel comfortable doing it. I just didn't have that feeling on stock tires... just my 2c's worth.
cool.gif

tounge.gif

My track day yesterday--------Pilot Powers Rock---- Darkies every where they said--- they last and provide excellent feedback--drug my fairing---- can't lie--Busa is lowerd 1 1\2 inches.

Cold weather and tires make for fun. Was that section in the shade ? The axe from the factory was a good tire I thought, however I have been running PP 2CTs. What's your air pressure like ? Any dirt or oil in that area ?

Any damage to your seat
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Yes the axes SUX I had a buddy of mine wad his new Busa because of those sorry arse tires doing the same thing you were doing.

I had a front tire wash out on me this morning on some sand that i didnt see was able to save it thank god but scared the crap out of me also !

(dadofthree @ Apr. 24 2007,17:37) Cold weather and tires make for fun. Was that section in the shade ?  The axe from the factory was a good tire I thought, however I have been running PP 2CTs. What's your air pressure like ? Any dirt or oil in that area ?

Any damage to your seat
rock.gif

laugh.gif
wasnt in the shade, very clean, ritzy part of the country LOL! Runnin 34 pds of pressure in the rear.

I think I'm just gonna get some powers, like I said I got them on my R1 and trust it completly. Just thought it was odd that happened, maybe not completlly the tires fault but defintly worth thinking about going with a sticker tire!
poke.gif

BEEN PUTIN' UP WITH THAT CRAP FOR TWO YEARS....ENOUGH WITH THE BRIDGESTONES.......whoever thought that was a good tire is lyin'.....no really......I've been putin', up with that rearend stuff for too long....it really gets old when you're right out of the garage.....pull out into traffic with a bit of throttle, 70 degree day, and the rearend gives ya a slip..........

ENOUGH WITH THESE TIRES....................I'm buying Metzelers...........
super.gif

My 2 cents - after breakin the tires are all right. Yes, there are better. Get what you like, but get the feel of the bike on whatever you ride. Got to know what it will do with what it has and what you put on it. One thing from this lesson: never think that a turn that you are used to riding won't change due to evironment, conditions, or the equipment you are sitting on. Ride safe - enjoy
bowdown.gif

Never had a problem with bridgestones. Got a set on my 750 and have done track days with them. THey are the 012s though. The last track day it was raining in the morning and I rode in the 'wet'. No problems. I did feel them slide a couple of times, but it was controllable. I've seen bikes wadded at the track with michelins on them and those riders claimed it was the tires fault they crashed. Dunno, its not like they are chengshin's. No tire can save you if your not smooth or don't allow them to warm up.

(Spudley @ Apr. 25 2007,08:02) BEEN PUTIN' UP WITH THAT CRAP FOR TWO YEARS....ENOUGH WITH THE BRIDGESTONES.......whoever thought that was a good tire is lyin'.....no really......I've been putin', up with that rearend stuff for too long....it really gets old when you're right out of the garage.....pull out into traffic with a bit of throttle, 70 degree day, and the rearend gives ya a slip..........

ENOUGH WITH THESE TIRES....................I'm buying Metzelers...........
super.gif
Got to warm the tires up guys. The PP 2CTs have a harder compound in the center of the tire. They get very slick when it's time to change.

It's all that torque Spudley
laugh.gif

(PUNN1025 @ Apr. 25 2007,09:29) HMMMM, SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD TRY LOWERING THE TIRE PRESSURE
34 in the rear has to be mushy. Just adjusted mine to 38 for the Gap.

I run the PPs and sometimes they slip out on me. I was running the Pirelli Super Corsas prior and on a rare occasion, they would even slip out on me. But I agree that the Battleaxes are not my favs when it comes to grip.

Admittedly I am still learning to lean more but haven't had a problem with my stock BA's unless I didn't let them warm up. Oh, or unless I hit 2nd gear to hard.
firedevil.gif

I don't drive particularly aggressive though and have not even had this bike through a summer. I can't wait for the solid warm weather!
super.gif

I ran 40 in the axes. Never had a problem. Left a nice darkie from the PP the other day on cross walk paint. Oops. That stuff is slick!

Stock tires weren't too bad, but I didn't do much aggressive riding with them. Have a set of Pirelli Diablos that I like and the Pilot Powers are nice also. Sometimes its not the tire, but the riding being done at the time, so lesson learned about riding styles with a new bike.

Back