My little girl is little no longer...

Actually, my ex-wife didn't paint me as anything to her. She's also being 100% cool about all of this. She hasn't brought up a single negative thing. Bottom line, we were both kids when this happened. We've both grown up and she sees that. It's just a shame all of this time she had to go without a father. The main reason I didn't try to initiate contact is BECAUSE she could have either gotten a step-father and I would be a third wheel making it awkward, or she painted me as the devil and would not want anything to do with me. That's why I opted to let her contact me when she was ready. It was a very hard choice. She does actually have a step-father now, but only since April of 2012 so it's not like she's been calling him daddy or anything. Though, she does call him "dad" when talking about him to her friends, but she also calls me dad too and if they need clarification she gives it. :p She said she's forgiven me ( keep in mind, this is half her mother's fault, but I can't bring that up because I don't want any negativity, so I have to basically appear to take all blame ). I have apologized more than you could ever know.

Anyways, it's all working out great so far. I just wish I was closer to her.

That's awesome.

I was at a neigborhood Christmas party; all my neighbors couldn't figure out why I was just content to let her sit in my lap while she watch "Grinch"...but I think their glances were more in admiration and a little jealousy than anything else :)

I was at a neigborhood Christmas party; all my neighbors couldn't figure out why I was just content to let her sit in my lap while she watch "Grinch"...but I think their glances were more in admiration and a little jealousy than anything else :)

Being around you two together, it's obvious that she's a big fan of her dad. And her being so talkative certainly didn't come from mom. :laugh:

This is how my 14 year old and I are. She loves her daddy, and I love her even more than she could ever imagine.

Back