my job really sux

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Been with a company most of my life (manufactured housing), we closed a plant and they moved most of that plant to my plant. They moved me from Manager to assistant manager and gave the guy from the other plant my job.

Guy is a moron and doesn't know a third of what I know (honest to God, no exaggeration), I get the distinct pleasure of training a true idiot my job (as much as he's capable, I got to spoon feed even the simple things) so I can then be expendable.

I don't handle stupid very well and hate every minute of every day, but they haven't messed with my pay yet and I can't afford a pay hit so I am forced to ride it out.

Just venting...I wish I would win lotto  
banghead.gif

maybe by the same token they have not touched your pay, he was also given the same treatment.. At least you kept your job, scary stuff when company's reorganize....

One thing is for sure, if you are competent and really good at your job, you will likely end up promoted over time...

Patience
smile.gif
and good luck!! (training can be a test of patience)

WOW - That just sucks!!!! I'm sorry that is happening to you. Hang in there and be out there looking for a new job. I bet you already are. You've been with them a long time and have tons of experience.  I'm sure someone would be happy to snatch you up in a skinny minute. I recently changed companies after 17 years so I know it can happen and believe me it was worth it!!!
smile.gif

I did something similar when I left BMW in SC. They brought someone over from Germany to basically take my job once we took off with the X5 in addition to the Z3. this guy didnt know his a$$ from a bratwurst, so i took the opportunity to get back home (Indiana) with AM General.

hang in there, and hopefully things will work out for the best.
beerchug.gif

If you are good at what you do, you have nothing to lose. Just out last the bastard, that's what my old boss used to say...

Hopefully it will work in your favor. Even with your help he could very well fall on his face and then get fired/relocated and you get the managerial job again. If that's really what you want? Change is not always a bad thing. I'll be doing the same thing myself in a couple years.

I did something similar when I left BMW in SC. They brought someone over from Germany to basically take my job once we took off with the X5 in addition to the Z3. this guy didnt know his a$$ from a bratwurst, so i took the opportunity to get back home (Indiana) with AM General.

hang in there, and hopefully things will work out for the best.
beerchug.gif
You lived in Spartanburg huh? I was at the Swift yard across the street twice a week for about 2 years.. Long live Waffle house
laugh.gif

sorry man.  i hope my text doesnt come across umsipathetic or kras. but be happy you still have a job there and its just 1 step down the ladder.

i say that because my dad went through almost the same thing but he was let go less than a year from retirement!
firedevil.gif

he was w/ indi*** ins. co. for 20+ years always there an hour before everyone else. just the kind of employee he was.

"DOWN SIZING" but replaced him w/ college kid that wont retire for 20 more years

he lost his retirement but got a SEVERANCE PACKAGE "IF HE LEAVES QUIETLY"

At his age he can't get a descent job so he KILLS ROACHES FOR    ORKIN     (he's an exterminator now)

he has arthritis that he has had to have surgery on now. because instead of a high paying desk job, he lugs heavy jugs around on ice, up and down steps all day long and has even fallen down somebodys basement steps.

before he was "DOWN SIZED" he could have told you at ANY given moment how may days he had left to retirement.

NOW IT'S NEVER

Hang in there. You may just be able to give him enough rope to hang himself (so to speak). Train him adequetly but don't give him all of your "tricks of the trade".

Chris

Hang in there. I just went through a 3 month paid suspension, where I didn't know what was going to happen with my job. It is working out ok in the end, but I was sweating it for a while. I have a decent paying job and paid retirement and the prospect of losing all of it was scary. It made me realize that it is always a good thing to have a backup plan. I just got into an internet business that is about to boom so In a year or so, I will have a backup plan. Here the job market is the worst in the nation, and I was looking at going from $24.00 an hour to around $8.00 if I lost my job. It made me realize Have A backup plan. Good Luck and hang in there. Start your backup plan.

Well I think tomorrow is my last day. I got that feeling...The tard has been pushing real hard today for me to tell him how I do stuff.

I also walked in with "our" boss on the phone to him, pushing him to learn more...I got the impression time was of the essence.

My base salary sux but I get a monthly "bonus" that makes up half of my pay. If I get let go before months end (tomorrow for example) they can pocket and not pay me half my months pay for this last month...the "bonus".

Nice huh?

Well, I guess we'll see.
rock.gif

Best of luck tomorrow. If you want to stay in the manufactured housing field, there are TONS of jobs like that near me in Elkhart Indiana. if you didn't mind a move, I'd be glad to see what I could find for you in the local paper.

Back