My friend came by with a mini Cooper

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
First, Pretty sweet car. He was on his way from picking the car up from his cousin's in Cali and heading home to Matthews VA.. Mini Cooper S, says it got 35 mpg on the way back from Cali. Not great, but not bad. The thing will fly for what it is. We wanted to get some pix, so I showed him to a decent spot on his way out of town. Surprised me how close he kept to me (I am almost 400 lbs, so it ain't hard. LOL) Still quite a few car lengths behind from a dig to 80, but closer than I ever imagined it would be. I could hear the SC whine behind me on the launch, it was nice. It was a wrecked car, his cousins picked it up at auction, fixed it and painted it. Paint and body aint perfect, but a decent 30 footer. Ok, on to the pictures.

cooper and busa nose to nose.jpg

cooper and busa.jpg

cooper back and busa.jpg

cooper busa peekaboo.jpg

low 1.jpg

Yeah we have an 02 Mini Cooper S, fun car! We were going to give it to our daughter when she turns 16 next year, but it looks like insurance is gonna be a killer so now we are having to sell it to get a car that is better on insurance. Gonna hate getting rid of it!

Heading to Mathews? Like, right next to where I live? Along the shore? :poke:

I love the Minis...they're so cute...look, it's the same size as your Busa :)

I love the exterior of them.. if it just had a different dash layout I would almost think of getting one. I was suprised that I actually fit in one see'ing I'm 6'4".. but my buddys wife had one and it was shocking how much legroom it had for such a tiny car.

i would never buy one not my type of car but i have to say they look pretty cool with the retro paint themes

That's the combination I have as well. I love my mini cooperS. It hauls ass. My Cooper is Grey and I have a White 2011 Busa. Great combo. the fun never stops.
E

Heading to Mathews? Like, right next to where I live? Along the shore? :poke:

I love the Minis...they're so cute...look, it's the same size as your Busa :)

Yep. That's one of my friends down your way.

I want to see a pic of you in the car :laugh:

I thought about it, but I didn't feel like having to mess up how he had it set up. He got here yesterday about 430pm... He left Cali Monday morning. He said he had 2 hours of sleep Tuesday night.

on my way home from work one day i had a guy try to race me in one of those. i was in my lighting p/u. he got WORKED! :whistle:

For what they cost, theyre not that great.More of a chick car.I like on monster garage when they turned one into a snow mobile.Now if it was an original mini, I like those.

I like them for their looks but I could never own one. They have a high rollover tendency. I've seen two people killed in them (separate occasions) on the track.

Watched another one flip over on the roof right in front of me. Got to him, "Jerry, are you OK?" "Yeah, just hanging around". The 5-pt belts held him in place upside down. Was funny. Flipped it over, reset the gas switch and off it drove. Crumpled roof and all.

Busa is more fun anyways.

Back