My first topic... and need help

Hayabusa2000

Registered
Hi there,

I have read this board for a while before registering and this board is very informative for every Hayabusa owner. It is superb....and please apologize for my English.

This is my first post, a minute after register, to ask a question as I got a problem with my '00 Hayabusa and I have never seen this problem within the board.

My display panel just lock up!!! every single meter hang at what it was. The RPM point at about 1100, the speedo at about 40 Km/H even I opened more throttle and ran faster. At that time the engine didn't run smooth. It like the engine was flooding. I stopped the bike at the nearest gas station, for my safety, switch off. What happen was the engine quit but the display was not go off even the clock. RPM hang at 1100, speedo at 40 Km/H!!!!! And I had to remove the battery to make them off. I don't know what happen to my bike. I try to sort out for any short circuit but I see nothing. The panel function as is when I get the battery back in place. This happen after I stall a new Yosh RS3 race system into my bike for a week not yet install the PC or EMS. Before installing the Yosh the bike was stock just K&N filter, Barnett clutch spring, and platinum spark plug.

Any suggestion or solution to this problem would be appreciated.

Ps. Just baught a Yosh EMS last Saturday and will install it soon. I can download the map from the Yosh website but how can I do my better map or custom map??? It is not easy to find a professional tuner here even the dyno tester. Help needed please...

welcome to the Board...

I have not heard of this problem before. something must be shorted.. especially if the only way to get it to stop is by removing the battery connection.
Sit tight, surely somone will know of this problem.

You said this happened after installing the new pipes. Could a harness be too close to the new system and be melting/shorting out? Sounds like something is definitely shorting.
rock.gif

You said this happened after installing the new pipes. Could a harness be too close to the new system and be melting/shorting out? Sounds like something is definitely shorting.
rock.gif
Thank you for you all for your kindly help.

Yes, it did happen after installing the pipe for a couple weeks. But I don't think that there will be any harness nearby. After that I did check the wire under fuel tank and all the way to the tail section. They are fine and surely no harness near the pipe. Reinstall the battery and everything look like it's never happen...!!!

sounds like you got a short in your ignition harness . hope everything works out . how are the roads in thailand ?
jump9.gif

Welcome to the board!

I'm with those guys, sounds like a short. Check the harnesses (all of them) make sure a wire has not gotten pinched anywhere (like between the frame and the plastic).

BTW = By The Way, your english is just fine!
smile.gif

I'm with everyone else, it sounds like a short. Welcome to the board and remember that we like pictures! Let us know how riding is in Thailand.

Yes, it did happen after installing the pipe for a couple weeks. But I don't think that there will be any harness nearby. After that I did check the wire under fuel tank and all the way to the tail section. They are fine and surely no harness near the pipe. Reinstall the battery and everything look like it's never happen...!!!
Welcome to the board. If the problem went away after you reconnected the battery you may have had a bad connection. You might want to take a look at the battery and make sure the contacts are clean.

hey dude, get much action from the local scooter brigade?  
laugh.gif

img_2210.jpg

hey, yer not gonna waste that are ya?

<!--EDIT|†WÃ￾§â€ Ã«D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070363774 -->

Wuzzzzzzzz up 2000 !

Just another suggestion if it is not a loose contact somewhere on the bike .

First thing to reset your gauge needles you have to locate the bottom button in the middle of you gauge cluster, while pressing it turn on the ignition.  Release after 5 second after turning on the ignition.  Immediately press it again twice withn 1 second (Reset). Complete this operation withn 10 seconds after the bike has been turned on.

If the needles do not return to a full rest position (on the needle stop) it is a faulty unit and must be replaced per suzuki service manual.

I cant imagine anything coming in contact with the gauge cluster either when you put on a new system that would cause this problem,it could be a faulty unit or corrision on your gauge cluster connection.

how are the roads in thailand ?
I rented a FireBlade the last time I went there...  I don't know about anywhere else, but in the Pattaya/Sattahip area, the roads had so much dirt and debris, it was like getting sandblasted!  Well worth the $25 to rent for the weekend though!
super.gif

Ask me how I know there are no markings for ELEPHANT CROSSINGS!!!  
eek2.gif

Don't want to hijack the post, have you checked that you don't have any corrosion inside/around the connectors on your gauge pod?  It gets real humid there...

Thank you everybody for all of your advices. I am very appreciated as I cannot find this kind of suggestion around me. Nobody know about the problem....! Thanks again

For †WÃ￾§†Ã«D : It looks like you have ever been here to my country, the land of smile
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
. I cannot figuring it out where it is. May be Kao-San Road.!!! Don't quite sure. Anyway, thank for your warm welcome too.

For Mad_Otter : I am living in Bangkok which is the capital of Thailand. Pattaya is good for traveling around. I used to ride there as well but not often. The bikes around there are for tourism and they are not allow for Thai like me. Don't know why...!?! If you want to see how some other places look like, I will show you later. If you have a chance to be here again next time, try go somewhere in the North or North East of Thailand... The road is beautiful to ride. I have a plan to travel around this New Year.... Anyway, I have to install my new EMS and finding a proper map before time.

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back