My First Bike....

bud123

Registered
Hello everyone, Ive read lots of times a Busa is NOT a beginners bike...Well Ive always drooled over Busa's and last year I walked into a Suzuki dealer with my learners permit in my hand and bought a pearl white Busa!! When the salesman heard Ive never owned a streetbike before he didnt even want me to ride it home!! He offered twice to have it delivered to my house...I told him no way, Im ridin this thing outta here!! I signed the papers and grabbed the keys and rode away....5000 miles on her now and I sure am glad I didnt settle for anything else!!

Glad to hear, my salesman did the exact same thing :laugh: Well he knew I had a 45 minute ride home ..... Grip It and Rip It brother

Congrats and :welcome: the main thing is to know your limit on the beast. No matter how good of a rider you are these bikes can still get the best of ya. Respect and enjoy it. :welcome: again

Everyone of em is perfectly safe, its the rider that turns em dangerous!!! I usually cant get out of the dealer without a test ride of something once they see what i rolled up on :laugh:

Welcome! Not going to tell you anything I'm sure you haven't heard before except for ride safe and stay upright.

I actually think the Busa is a bad first bike because of the slow stuff (no jokes on my parking at the Phillip). It's pretty heavy and can get the best of you if you get it just a little off upright. I rode a HD and found the weight a challenge at low speed - requires lots of concentration.

But as has been said if you are careful you can ride anything. Frankly the Busa is actually easy to ride as it's very stable, reasonably well mannered and very wrong gear selection friendly. Just don't let how easy the bike is to ride fool you into thinking you have complete control of it. The Hayabusa is more capable than any rider, it's just waiting for you to forget that.

I got my Busa delivered so I didn't have to ride it home.
Glad I did as I had a few problems turning left or right, until the nice people here on the org pointed me in the right direction.:thumbsup:

The Hayabusa is more capable than any rider, it's just waiting for you to forget that.

It's almost the exact thing i tell everyone that asks how i handle this beast. I say i don't. Two things i always mentally prepare myself for when i am strapping on to go for a ride

1) I constantly am watching and anticipating for cagers to do something stupid.

2) I always remember one thing: the busa is bigger/badder than me and I respect it for that. When i push it, it just pushes back harder.

I'd be afraid if i started out on a R6, i would be too tempted to push too hard, and ultimately hurt myself overpushing the bike.

You've heard the, Only two kinds of riders riddle right?

Those that have crashed and those that will. More sensible to be on less of a bike if you're going to crash.

I'm with ya. My very first road bike was a brand new 954RR when I was 18 years old. The bike will only go as fast as you make it go, and I don't care what anybody says, they don't just wheelie over backwars on accident unless you are a) a complete moron or b) have zero gross motor skills whatsoever. For friends looking to get into riding I recommend their first bike based on their personalities. A capable person with a good temperament can be absolutely okay starting out on a liter bike.

Back