My Busa

He did..Nick's quite handy!!

cool.gif

Some of the coolest stuff ever designed for a busa.
bowdown.gif

What's the skinny on the airbox seals? Are you or one of your distributors selling those?

Some of the coolest stuff ever designed for a busa.
bowdown.gif

What's the skinny on the airbox seals?  Are you or one of your distributors selling those?
The story on my Ramair seals is very long but I'll try to give a brief one. Back in 99 I looked at the Busa airbox and wondered why it was'nt completely sealed on the inlet where the foam is located. I made my first set out of fiberglass and tried them out in the 1/4 mile and top end. They worked. I then made several sets and sent them to various people around the world to be tested at different altitudes and conditions. I'm at sea level so more data needed to be collected. These test were done without bias. If they didnt work for everyone I would have pulled them off of the market. One person that I sent them to was Guy Caputo of Dragbike.com. Here are his findings.

Another person was Eggster(he owns 200mph.org.uk). I knew he had a Data Logger on his Busa and could log the Air Pressure inside the Airbox at certain speeds.

RamairData.jpg

I have seen duct tape,beer cozies and inner tubes used. All of them are ok and do work until you try and remove the airbox.

How big are your Cams? Here is my Intake Cam. It make contact with the oil cross passage. I had to mod it in order to use the cams.
BigCam.jpg

Here is my Cam Chain spacer. When you stroke a Hayabusa crank  and run stock length con rods you will have to lift he block so the pistons will not go past the deck height. This tightens the cam chain and the stock cam chain tensioner will not ratchet. I solved this problem by making this.
CamchainSpacerplate.jpg

Here is my triple bottle bracket I use for my air shifter. I run 3 9oz bottles
AirBottlebracket.jpg

Tailsection.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Here is my fuel petcock adapter plate for the 99 and 2000 Busa. It allows a Pingle fuel petcock so you can turn off the fuel when you remove the tank and you can get a dual outlet petcock. This is a Pingle Guzzler that I installed. If flows enough fuel for 800hp so fuel supply is never and issue.

Adapter.jpg

adapter2.jpg

Petcockadapter2.jpg

Petcockadapter.jpg

Back