http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Talk about getting swept off your feet  
laugh.gif

Video Link

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111994976 -->

the english accent makes it that much better.

OK OK I do love that vid too but really come on R1 indicating 190 Mph?
rock.gif
??? and that busa was doing what 250 MPH.. I have to say I love it but man it seems kind of unrealistic I can go by my buddies R 1 but ummm not that fast

OK OK I do love that vid too but really come on R1 indicating 190 Mph?
rock.gif
??? and that busa was doing what 250 MPH.. I have to say I love it but man it seems kind of unrealistic I can go by my buddies R 1 but ummm not that fast
Well you have to look at the facts.

top speed of R1 at that time- 184-185
top speed of that busa 99 copper -194-196
He did look like he passed him going what looked like about 10 mph faster than he was moving. Busas whip azz

It was indicating 190... means the R1 was probably at 175 or so. An unrestricted busa going wide open? Yea, you would fly by in a hurry!
cool.gif

The 2000 R1 only did between 168-175mph (actual not speedo indicated) maxed out!  The Busa at the time would do 190-195mph!  With the speedo correction factor of reading about 7-15% fast at those speeds it's about right!

I have the full length video (Mach 2 Carange) and the R1 takes off first with the ZX-11 and CBR XX  in trail.  The Busa then takes off and runs them all down like it is nothing!  
wink.gif
The R1 didn't let off until after the Busa about blew him off the road!
laugh.gif

The full length video has a Camera view of each of the bikes during the blast....so you can see all the perspectives better!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112031623 -->

after reviewing the instant replay teh r1 did roll off just a smidgit but not enough to warrent that kind of flyby
blush.gif

Looked more like 25 MPH difference in them I know rolling by someone at 10 MPH you would think would be fast but he wizzed by

Dont know...drive buy someone at 10 mph and make sure you get close up to them. i think because he was so close it made it seem faster than it was, but if the old R1s toped out at 175 than there you go 20 mph fly by
cool.gif

THat's great...

We do some hi-speed runs from time to time.
That is essentially what happens with the non turbo bikes.
I give them a head start then blow past them
cool.gif

Back