my 1st track day 6-23-11 I got ???'s

spencerrr

Registered
I will not be ridding on the track I'm am just going to observe what its like. is there anything i should know or take with me for the long day. for example do the set suspensions for persons not involved in the trackday, or whatever you guys think i need to know before i take the trip to new jersey motor sports park, in millersville, NJ

Take sunscreen, water, food.

Go work a corner if your dead set on not riding, you can learn alot just watching the better riders.

The suspension guys are usualy separate from the track day provider and I imagine they will work on anybodies bike that is paying.

Have Fun!!!

Gary

ok thanks, i dont have the proper gear yet and really not ready to shell out the dough for a trackday yet, but i am interested in seeing what goes on. buddy of mine said they let you ride while they eat lunch, i will let you guys know how it turned out tomorrow

Water.

CAMERA.

A notepad to start writing down all the stuff you need to buy when you get bitten by the bug! :cheerleader:

ok thanks, i dont have the proper gear yet and really not ready to shell out the dough for a trackday yet, but i am interested in seeing what goes on. buddy of mine said they let you ride while they eat lunch, i will let you guys know how it turned out tomorrow

It's called "Try the track" - which is free. A few laps during lunch time at slow pace while a coach leads the group.

You can get WiFi signal if you are close to the tower at Thunderbolt, so you can update us as the day progresses. Hope you guys get a decent day - the forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms.

And deep down you know where all this goes, right? :laugh:

Great idea about a notepad. I actually have a check-list for the track compiled over time so I don't forget anything when I pack.

Back