Music While Riding

Tervlover

Registered
I like to listen to music, but I'd like to be able to turn it down or completely off when needed. I have a slider that controls the volume, but I struggle with my glove to find the slider. Also, if I keep the IPOD in my jacket to protect it from rain then I cannot hit any control button to turn it on or off. Some people mount the music devices on their bikes, but how are they protected from the rain? I get so irritated when the IPOD charges runs out on a long day of riding. Is there a way on the bike that I can charge the IPOD? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Don't Ride During the Rain
SHOCKED.gif

I use a PDA under the clear cover of my tank bag. I "modded" the left side inner with a 12volt weather proof cover. Works great.

Chris

I keep my ipod in a body glove case and strap it to the top of the triple clamp so that I can control volume and songs I want. If it look like Im going to get wet I simply take it off the clamp and drop it into my jacket. As far as battery life you can get the car charger for it and wire it into your bike. It works great............
beerchug.gif

(katman @ Aug. 06 2007,04:19) As far as battery life you can get the car charger for it and wire it into your bike. It works great............
beerchug.gif
Where is the best place to install the car charger?

I don't worry about the music. My G#$D$%$ iPod hangs all the time and I have to exit the road and reset it. Just a fact of life for the moment.

--Wag--

I buy cheapo Ipod shuffles... I just lost one on the last ride with busafett and LCB... I usually keep it in my tank bag in the map section so I can still hit the buttons... the only thing to remember is to zip it up so the ipod doesn't go screaming out when you break the sound barrier.
E

when i want to listen to music when i'm riding i
listen to my Harley Davidson Electraglide's cd player.
no music when i ride the busa. i need to PAY ATTENTION.
newbie.gif

I'm looking into having my Ipod Mastered at a studio. So all the albums are the same volume no matter if it's a Pantera song or The Beatles. $75.
That'll take care of the volume issue.
Mount it way under the windscreen. Cut just the very tip of your index finger glove off. If you can stand having a finger exposed of coarse.

Do the wires running from the ear phones to the IPOD mounted on the bike get in the way? Isn't it illegal to ride with music and the flapping wire would be a give away?

Do the wires running from the ear phones to the IPOD mounted on the bike get in the way? Isn't it illegal to ride with music and the flapping wire would be a give away?

I mounted a set of cheap airline headphone speakers in my helmets (ebay .99 for 5 sets) and ran the connector to the front. put a piece of velcro in the front forward of your chin. i bought the new small ipod shuffle and velcro it in right there. it works great. this way there are no wires in the way and it is all contained in the helmet unaffected by the weather. i will post pics when i get to my home computer.
super.gif

Dude, buy the Etymotic Research ER-6i Isolator ear buds.
Then buy this completely waterproof Ipod case and mount it under the winscreen.
Run an extra fixed 1/8" headphone wire from the case, under your tank and pop it up between your seat and tank.  Then just plug in.  Wires all hidden and out of the weather for the most part.

video_20ipod.jpg

Back