How many listen to tunes while riding

Thx to this site I realized that the mp3 player is a great way to enhance the ride. I have a special playlist for when I ride.

I don't find it safe at all. I would hear a good song and start riding too fast.

I wear ear plugs on short runs (with the Suomy helmet it is a must) on longer rides I slap on the Ipod. With the wind noise and engine and road noise you cant hear much with earplugs. So might as well listen to music. I figure it is the same as rocking out in your car when driving.

Out on the open road, I crank up my Ipod and listen to hard-pounding rock! Really gets the blood flowing!

(300Busa @ Jan. 06 2007,22:57) I don't find it safe at all.   I would hear a good song and start riding too fast.
Yep - that is exactly why I deleted Animals by Nickleback off of my playlist...

I have it on 100% of the time unless I decide I need to hear the engine for some reason.

I have a ridin' hard playlist of all the rock stuff. That's what I listen too around town. But in the twisties? I listen to Glen Gould playing Bach's "Well-tempered Clavier." For some reason, hearing all that piano gets me riding a LOT more smoothly and carefully and I actually produce a faster overall ride, just because of the relaxation factor.

Music, of course is up to the rider. If you're an ADD mogul, it shouldn't be a problem at all! But if you find that it's distracting and takes away from your ability to ride safely, turn it off.

--Wag--

No matter who you are, listening to Cannibal Corpse whilst riding is a very BAD idea.

Don't ask me how I know that
laugh.gif

Once the lid is on my head I can't hear a damn thing anyway (15% hearing loss), so I pump music into the lid to hear something. With my hearing as it is I feel the bike more than hear the bike. You'd be surprised how many times I have felt something before it went wrong.
Just got the chatterbox, so we'll see how this works out... can't imagine riding through the twisties with a little Rob Zombie and all of a sudden the music cuts out and there are voices in my head... LOL

Not me no music for me. I love music as much as I like riding. I just don't mix the two. Maybe on a nice ride thru the country

Ipod nano when riding long distance, music got me by on my trip from NC to ATL last year. Around town, no way!!! I want to make sure I hear the horns, screeching tires, etc.!!!

Back