Mud flap eliminator

agentadam

Registered
Who makes the best license plate tail eliminator that hopefully has plug-n-play wiring and LED lights?

Last edited:
Just took mine off too. I found a license plate holder/mud flap eliminator on eBay that connects the existing factory wires to a built in LED to shine on the plate. Do a search and you'll find a couple different varieties and price ranges. Not sure if you're looking for undertail or axle mount.

Just took the reflectors off. The nuts off the back ones fell off some were inside the tail never to be seen again.

I would prefer a under tail mounted plate. I remember there was only one company on ebay with a decent one for the 04-05 gsxr600/750.

There's plenty more out there and made for Busas. Search again. There's probably some sponsors here on the site that have some cool ones too.

Search on how to get those bolts out, if you're even concerned. It always seemed like it'd be my luck I'd leave em in there, they'd happen to fall out while riding with someone not wearing a helmet or something and shoots off the chain and back in their face. Probably a stretch, but I'm cautious like that.

ive got a comp werkes mount. but its expensive and you got to splice the light in. its not worth it really. theres alot of mounts out there that are less expensive.

click our sponsor and pm pashnit, mcoys, and a few others or check out there sites. find one you want then shoot them a pm.

The CompWerkes looks the most professional but not really worth it for the price and to have to splice it. I am considering the reflector bracket mod but actually like the 29.99 kit on Ebay with Plun-n-Play LED light. I thought i saw a factory chrome Suzuki one in the parts pic thread. Still haven't ebayed or googled it yet. Just searched on here. Will have to keep looking.

I Will have to find out how to remove the tail eventually for other mods. Hopefully the nuts wont fall out on there own.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have several options. :thumbsup:

Buy Now: Hot Bodies Undertails - Motorcycle Undertail Part Numbers | Pashnit Moto

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_2_300.jpg

BrockII.jpg

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_2_300.jpg

BrockII.jpg

Hey Tim, I bought one of those from you a while back and installed the undertail but can't figure out how to install the licence plate using the hardware that came with with it. The only thing I can see is that you have to drill the plastic to install the mounts and the plate ends up being supported by the undertail with no support from the frame...that true or am I missing something?

--Agentadam...sorry for the thread jack--

Hey Tim, I bought one of those from you a while back and installed the undertail but can't figure out how to install the licence plate using the hardware that came with with it. The only thing I can see is that you have to drill the plastic to install the mounts and the plate ends up being supported by the undertail with no support from the frame...that true or am I missing something?

--Agentadam...sorry for the thread jack--

Derek - that's correct. Hot Bodies includes a very simply license plate mounting system that works well. I have something very similar on my own Busa. Two small L-brackets are included in their kit. Bolt one side to your license plate and then hold the plate up to the undertail so you can center it and mark where your pilot holes should be. Once you scribe the hole location, just drill into the bottom of the undertail and bolt it all together with some washers on top.

Not a load bearing piece so if you look at the 2nd photo of the black 08, can see the results of how it looks. HB does not include a license light with their kit but if you want one, they run like 20 bucks and you drill a small hole for the LED light and then splice the wire into the original power wire for the stock light. The light is made by Targa.

I just got a mud flap eliminator kit and on the instructions it says i have to remove the rear tail fender of the bike??? is that true? how do u remove the rear section of that bike?

I just got a mud flap eliminator kit and on the instructions it says i have to remove the rear tail fender of the bike??? is that true? how do u remove the rear section of that bike?

Don't know why you'd have to do that but if you do theres a how to pinned up top on GenII page.

Back