Ebay Fender Eliminator with LED?

I tried Blanca Busa's method and it didn't work for me. Found another solution that someone posted at another site that really worked for me and my 08. Used the same brackets but rotated them 180 degrees using the same base holes noted by Blanca. If you look from the rear of the bike you should see each bracket with two holes, not a single hole. I then expanded the licence plates holes outward to match the bracket holes. Sits alittle bit more forward but still legal. LED is in the mail but I'm riding days for now. If anyone needs pics let me know.:thumbsup:

Make sure you post pics when your done. :beerchug:

Did you mean to type $35 shipped ? The one the OP is referring to is 30 bucks plus 5.50 shipping.
I just ordered one of these also, should be here later this week. Will update here on if its a smooth install.

No, just looked threw all of his auctions and he had the same thing for various prices. I emailed him ,with no response, if he had a black light instead of chrome. In the mean time i saw one he had listed for 25 shipped. Boooya.

HAYABUSA 2008 FENDER ELIMINATOR W FACTORY CONNECTOR! : eBay Motors (item 250513638247 end time Apr-18-10 15:04:03 PDT)

they sell led pods at cycle gear to, if you have one of those around. they sell the same light that came in my comp werkes kit.

Yea, but you'll pay out the butt for em. superbrightleds.com has some great prices on LED stuff, and they have about anything you could ever want or need.

I put this same bracket on about a week ago. It took a lot longer than the 15 minutes advertised, but that was probably due to it being my first time taking apart the tail and redoing it again after I realized I put the LED box upside down. :whistle: The LEDs were also sitting too low to be able to mount the plate correctly, so I just used zip ties. Didn't think to loosen it up and slide the plate underneath as suggested above.
Even though it is a relatively simple job, it should have at least came with instructions or pictures. Would have saved me the trouble of having to take it apart again.
Not sure what the others are referring to about it not being plug and play with the factory wiring, but mine connected to the factory plug just fine. It was a little longer than the factory wire connected to the old plate holder/mud flap, but I just zip tied and creatively routed it around the storage box in the tail.
I like it much better than the factory mud flap, so I'm satisfied. The plug and play wires were the best part of the bracket IMO.

Does the placement of the plate protect the bottom of the tail light from rocks and debris? Can we get soem side views of the tilt angle.

Does the placement of the plate protect the bottom of the tail light from rocks and debris? Can we get soem side views of the tilt angle.

Here ya go

SAM_0364.jpg

SAM_0362.jpg

No, just looked threw all of his auctions and he had the same thing for various prices. I emailed him ,with no response, if he had a black light instead of chrome. In the mean time i saw one he had listed for 25 shipped. Boooya.

HAYABUSA 2008 FENDER ELIMINATOR W FACTORY CONNECTOR! : eBay Motors (item 250513638247 end time Apr-18-10 15:04:03 PDT)

Yeah, I knew he had them listed a bazillion times, just didnt see the 25 dolla one, he must have done that one fairly recently. No biggie, 10 bucks isnt going to change my life. But to anybody else reading this that hasnt ordered one yet, make sure you search ALL the listings for his lowest $$ listing as he's even got some listed at 39.99.

As a sidenote, there is another guy also on ebay located in Indiana with a similar unit to this and he complains (in the ad !) about some guy stealing his idea, producing it, and selling it cheaper on ebay. I wonder if it was this guy out of Texas lol

Thanks for the pics III.

Before I put mine on, I'm going to try and bend mine out some for more angle out.

No problem. I haven't noticed any issues with debris kicking up...but I've only had it for 600 miles and haven't been on any questionable roads. I'm sure if something ever does shoot up and break that expensive tail light, I'll be wishing like hell I'd have kept the flap. I'm going to loosen the LED box and tuck the plate under so I can put the license plate screws in like they belong. Should be an easy fix.

Back