Ebay Fender Eliminator with LED?

Anyone happen to purchase one of these? HAYABUSA 2008 2009 LICENSE PLATE HOLDER BRACKET NO CUT:eBay Motors (item 250520381723 end time Jan-24-10 10:47:08 PST)
Im looking for a cheap eliminator with LED and ran across these. If you have any other suggestions on a fender eliminator, please feel free to add.

i have this kit on my bike you do have to cut the wires but the fit is awsome also use stock bolts the plastic ones they send suck but still a good plate and led set.

Yeah, I have it on mine. I actually just got my plate tonight and when I tried to put it on you have to loosen the light and slide the plate up behind it. No problem except the bolts that hold the light on aren't long enough now so I have to find some M2.5 or M3's hex heads w/nuts that are long enough. The nice thing about it is that you do not have to cut and splice the wires, it has a factory connector. The LED's are pretty bright too. Other than the bolt issue it is a nice piece for the money.

Brett

Yeah, I have it on mine. I actually just got my plate tonight and when I tried to put it on you have to loosen the light and slide the plate up behind it. No problem except the bolts that hold the light on aren't long enough now so I have to find some M2.5 or M3's hex heads w/nuts that are long enough. The nice thing about it is that you do not have to cut and splice the wires, it has a factory connector. The LED's are pretty bright too. Other than the bolt issue it is a nice piece for the money.

Brett

Thanks for the input. I've been on the fence with this purchase. Would you be able to take a pic of the LEDs on so we can see how bright the LEDs are?

Sure, here ya go.

Plate.JPG

I simply used the reflector mounts from the rear reflectors and turned them upside down and mounted plate.
I used a 4 led pod and stuck it under my light with double sided tape. The wire I ran right up thru the hole you can see and connected it to oem wiring.

Here is a link to same thing I did.
I call it my 'Ho Made' Fender Eliminator.
I also trimmed the brackets a little and rounded them off a bit on the edges.

Who's gonna know if you saved $29.99 or not ?
Did I mention FREE !

Free Fender Eliminator for K8 Busa - GSX1300R Hayabusa Owners Forum

HO MADE BRACKET4.JPG

HO MADE BRACKET2.JPG

HO MADE BRACKET.JPG

HO MADE BRACKET3.JPG

Last edited:
It got to the point where I had 'fender eliminator on the brain'.
I had googled and ebayed myself to confusion and then I saw that.
I still had the brackets in a bag just laying around so it was an easy
choice. It was like two in the morn and the wife was like WTF are you
doing but I had been crazy for a solution for so long I couldn't wait to geterdone.

I did use two little pieces of the same double sided tape right where the brackets touch the bottom of the tail so they would not scratch the paint .

Also you don't have to take it completely apart like in the article.
I left my tail on when I did it.

Last edited:
Is there a local store that has a good pair of LEDs I could purchase from (Dont say Walmart), or did you buy those off Ebay?

OOOf I knew you were gonna ask that.
I did the same style search for those as I did the bracket but got them from a site and not the place you dont want me to say or Ebay. Gimme a few mins. I'll see if I saved some sort of info and get you the link....although my ignorance may slow me d.d.d.down a bit..:poke::rofl::laugh::thumbsup::beerchug::bowdown:

i have this kit on my bike you do have to cut the wires but the fit is awsome also use stock bolts the plastic ones they send suck but still a good plate and led set.

That's funny...I love how they say in their ad: "FINALLY NO MORE WIRE CUTTING THANKS TO OUR NEW PLUG-N-PLAY CONNECTOR!! " :poke:

:laugh:

Cant find durn email in any of the places in outlook...:banghead:
I think I may saved a receipt for led but I'll have to get it in the morn cuz
the safe is in the bedroom and I dont want to wake the Cuban Dragon...:tantrum::argue::cursin::boxing::stoopid:(me):flamethrowing:....and thats if she took her zoloft. If not I may not make it...

It was like 10 bucks or less shipped.
I'll find it for you.

You Know U O....
cuz here you go..

Link to store..$5.95+shipping.

Accent Light Module Specifications

One I got is the ALM-Ox-W4 White
One thing I did was seal the area where wires go into LED plastic body with some gel glue.
It seemed just a little open to me and since I am religious about washing it I did not want any water getting inside it.

4LED_ALM_(dimm_mm).jpg

ALM-x4.jpg

Last edited:
I tried Blanca Busa's method and it didn't work for me. Found another solution that someone posted at another site that really worked for me and my 08. Used the same brackets but rotated them 180 degrees using the same base holes noted by Blanca. If you look from the rear of the bike you should see each bracket with two holes, not a single hole. I then expanded the licence plates holes outward to match the bracket holes. Sits alittle bit more forward but still legal. LED is in the mail but I'm riding days for now. If anyone needs pics let me know.:thumbsup:

Just ordered one off ebay. Should work fine for now for 25$ shipped. I will let you know. Looks like simple installations to factory holes.

Just ordered one off ebay. Should work fine for now for 25$ shipped. I will let you know. Looks like simple installations to factory holes.

Did you mean to type $35 shipped ? The one the OP is referring to is 30 bucks plus 5.50 shipping.
I just ordered one of these also, should be here later this week. Will update here on if its a smooth install.

they sell led pods at cycle gear to, if you have one of those around. they sell the same light that came in my comp werkes kit.

Back