MSD SB6

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Just curious is anyone here plans on running the MSD SB6 once the production rub is complete and available for the busa?

Seems like a very promising unit.
cheerleader.gif

ten views and no comments... man do I feel unpopular
bump.gif

I'm surprised non of the turbo folks are looking at this. It takes alot to keep things sparking with all that pressure....

will look into this unit...been schoolin myself up on turbos, new stuff is always cool!
thanx for the heads up!
beerchug.gif

I have ordered the unit should ship next week been talking to a couple of people on sh.org about it seems to be pretty good...

got the box and is on the bike, I'm going to the track on sunday let you know what happens. this box will data log, has a 2 step, efir, will even pull timing out on a launch. plus gives better spark.

got the box and is on the bike, I'm going to the track on sunday let you know what happens. this box will data log, has a 2 step, efir, will even pull timing out on a launch. plus gives better spark.
Is this the only change you've done to your bike since the last time you were at the track? Can't wait to hear about the results. Would be great to see a 60-ft, r/t, and 1/4-MPH figure of before vs after.
ThumbsUp.gif

I have the SB6 currently on my race bike. I'm having some issues with it right now but the techs at MSD is working hard to get it figured out. So far mine and another bike are the only ones with this problem. I have installed another one of a customers bike and it works fine with no issues. Once you get the hang of the software its really easy to use.

so it sounds like you only had a hardware issue? Was something else you've already done to your race bike causing the problem/interference?
I have the SB6 currently on my race bike. I'm having some issues with it right now but the techs at MSD is working hard to get it figured out. So far mine and another bike are the only ones with this problem. I have installed another one of a customers bike and it works fine with no issues. Once you get the hang of the software its really easy to use.

Well we're still working on this issue. The engineer that designed the SB6 is flying in to help me figure out this problem on my bike. Hopefully if we fix it, it should help fix any others. I'll keep you posted.

Im looking into this for my bike. I have always been a fan of msd. i used to run their billet dizzy on a turboed civic and never a problem. you can be sure that msd put alot of time into the product, they have high end products

Here's the update on my issue. ITS FIXED!!!!!!

You will be surprised at all the things that can add up to make one problem seem tough. The biggest issue we were fighting was noise through the stock harness. One of my problems was when the bike got around 8200 rpms it would bust up like it shut off. Well it was, the noise coming through the shift kill wire would build up untill it would actually ground out the wire and activate the shift kill. Weird huh? Got that fixed. Next issue was around 9200 the ignition would kinda retard it self for a hundred MICRO seconds. It was so small we couldn't see it without a O-scope. Got that fixed. Also around 9500 it showed a spike that we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. You'll never guess what it was. The ignition switch loosing contact from vibration. Not enough to shut the bike off but just a MICRO second to kill the ignition. So now we have all the issues sorted out and it runs like a champ. Tomorrow I will spray it to test the retard function and we should be through. If everything works right then this should fix the other 3 that had this same issue. The engineer that is here is awesome. He is the one who designed this unit and has taught me a bunch about it. I can't wait till this weekend to try it out.

Here is a update for you guys.

I went out Sunday to test the bike. My first pass was on motor with the SB6 setup just like Eitan had set it before he left. This was the BEST pass I've made on motor this year. The bike didn't shift from 2-3 and 3-4 easy cause I only had 80lbs of pressue on the shifter. (AC did tell me that before I made the pass so to myself). The bike was smooth and clean for the first time ever. No spitting or sputtering or anything. MPH was there and everything looked great and I knew it was going to go faster once I adjusted the pressure back up to 120lbs. Lined up for the second pass only to spit the chain off right there at the line. Only got the push rod and sprocket cover. I loaded up and headed back home. Sorry I don't have much to post but I can say the bike is definitly better. We were really excited how clean the pass was. I mean it was SMOOOOOOOTH. I just wish I could have made at least one more pass but oh well. I'll see what it do on Saturday at the redline event. I wanted to have the testing done by then so I can just race but I'll get it done. I'll keep you guys posted.

Update number 2

My bike worked out really well this weekend. I was still having shifting issues but not due to the SB6. I also updated Mr. AC's bike with the new software and it worked flawlessly. I am still tinkering with the settings of the new shift settings Eitan added and I think its great. I will be giving the guys at MSD all the runs and data of this weekend and I'm sure they will be getting the new software out to everyone soon.

Its good to see that you are happy with it. Just out of curiosity what do you have done to your bike "kingofdacoast". Im looking into one of these units.

Its good to see that you are happy with it. Just out of curiosity what do you have done to your bike "kingofdacoast". Im looking into one of these units.

My bike is a all out drag bike with a large shot of nitrous. The SB6 is great. I've installed 5 of them since mine and the customers love them. This is the box I'm using on all my builds.

Back