MSD LaunchMaster

wildbusa07

Registered
I’m looking for a 2-step launch controller setup for my 07 busa. Just called MPS racing and they were not sure if the MSD launchmaster will work with Power Commander and ignition module.

Anyone running PC and Ignition module with the MSD launchmaster that can confirm it works fine?
Or any other 2-step suggestions?

MSD Launchmaster Limiter

When I added one with the pc3usb / ign module I had to re-do the wire taps at the coil sticks to get it to work. Location did matter.

On the ign module they plug inline at the coil stick...the dynojet part pluged into the stick and the other side pluged into the factory harness. I had to tap into the wires just prior to the stick. I believe the msd part plugs into a different area...like the tre does. (from what the picture looked like) They told me that it would be easier to install than the alternative 2 steps.

It needed to be rewired because it did not function. The wires tapped into are the clutch signal and individual coil sticks...so the engine misfires till you let the clutch out...then it rpms jump up to where your wrist is.

I tend to blow the tire loose and so guys say it beats up the main bearings...from what I have read. I don't really plan on taking it of but I need more practice prior to really launching that hard.

Just installed my launchmaster last night, everything worked fine, PC III, PC ignition module and MSD LaunchMAster. I was told by MSD to install the lunchmaster harness directly connected the coils to ensure everything works properly.

Back