Mrs Ordered her new wheels

nice
thumb_up.gif

The interesting thing is that they really are just German Chevy's. The Germans expect you to use your Coupe Or Sedan for everything, in all weather, all year and they design accordingly. So you end up with roof rail hard points, folding rear seats, and they are remarkably composed in all sorts of weather. I was really gung ho about getting an xi but I wasn't waiting, so far I've only really wished I had AWD a couple of time over the last year So I suppose it's a wash, but Seattle weather is pretty mild so it's not nearly as useful here as it would be in much of the rest of the country.

Big Congrats to Mrs. Bogus, if she hasn't settled on a color yet, be certain to check out the Red Leather... It's cool Beyond what you'd think, photos don't do it justice.
beerchug.gif

Easily the best car I've ever owned, or driven.
thumb_up.gif

IMG_0695.jpg

bowdown.gif
NO ONE can say they dont like this! Those black rims set that car off crazy. I've always liked BMW but they keep getting better and better every year

Last edited by a moderator:
Black metallic anthracite I think is what the color was... she has taken a liking to the metallic black.. She is also getting the sedan (two doors just wont do for her) I am curious about performance on the twin turbo

Black metallic anthracite I think is what the color was... she has taken a liking to the metallic black..   She is also getting the sedan (two doors just wont do for her)    I am curious about performance on the twin turbo
"CURIOUS ON THE TWIN TURBO", got to be wicked!

Black metallic anthracite I think is what the color was... she has taken a liking to the metallic black.. She is also getting the sedan (two doors just wont do for her) I am curious about performance on the twin turbo
"CURIOUS ON THE TWIN TURBO", got to be wicked!
It's a differen't engine, but it's also been winning awards around the world...

International Engine of the Year:

From Automobobile Magazine <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
BMW says that this engine makes 300 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. We were so impressed with its power that we couldn't help wonder if that was a conservative rating. Wasting no time, I swiped the keys and drove to a local dyno shop to find out.

We used a DynoJet chassis dyno, which measures an engine's power output at a vehicle's rear wheels. Because of frictional driveline losses, this number is always lower--generally by fifteen to twenty percent--than the quoted power output from the manufacturer, which is measured at the engine itself.

Here's what we found:

The non-turbocharged 330i, rated by BMW at 255 hp and 220 lb-ft of torque, puts about 200 hp and 180 lb-ft to the rear wheels. That's roughly a twenty-percent loss. Since they have similar drivelines, you'd expect the 335i to put down 235 hp and 250 lb-ft.

But it didn't. It put down a whole lot more: 275 hp and 300 lb-ft. A few quick taps on our trusty calculator shows that this engine is likely putting out closer to 350 hp and 360 lb-ft of torque.[/quote]

Also Bogus, There are a few forums dedicated to BMWs as you can imagine. Most of these are populated by BMW Roundel Emblem Worshiping idiots, and younger recycled Ricers. Unfortunately the young Ricer Tuner crowd is flocking to BMWs first ever turbo in the states. So most of the Forums are over ran with this particular type of BMW worshiping "BMW IS THE GREATEST THING EVER" bull crap.

However despite all the window dressing and aggravation involved there is still a lot of Fantastic Information over at E90post.com It's where I found the proper offset for my wheels, it's where I got excellent prices on the new Goodyears, on and on. Tons of useful information. The idiots can be pretty unforgiving, but there are few rules so it's sometimes fun to respond in kind. I recommend heading over there and looking around, oddly enough I am Revlis there as well. The best part is you can go on and on about how much you love your BMW and how well built, good looking, and perfect it is without catching a lot of groans and rolled eyes because the folks there are in the same boat.

Oh and the only people on the planet more wrapped up around their vehicles and pictures of their vehicles than Busa Riders??? BMW Owners... Here's an Entire thread of nothing but Black Sapphire Metallic E90 Photos.
<a href="http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">
Personally I think she should do the Arctic Metallic, But that's just because I'm in love with the color.</a>

Cheers Bro, and Congrats again to the both of you.

Oh and for $1900 you can have 384 HP and 390lb-ft of torque with little more than some programming. It's through Dinan and your warranty remains intact.
beerchug.gif
Very Sneaky... You'll surprise a lot of folks in a 335 anyway, but with another 80+hp you'll surprise a lot more.

I am thrilled with my car, it's been almost a year since I took delivery and I still find myself staring at it in the garage, and taking the long way home from work...
bowdown.gif

Congrats on the new addition. Rev hit the nail on the head... "taking the long way home from work"....

Wife has a 325i and everytime I get to drive it to work...I take the Parkway home.

Oh and for $1900 you can have 384 HP and 390lb-ft of torque with little more than some programming.  It's through Dinan and your warranty remains intact.  
beerchug.gif
  Very Sneaky...   You'll surprise a lot of folks in a 335 anyway, but with another 80+hp you'll surprise a lot more.

I am thrilled with my car, it's been almost a year since I took delivery and I still find myself staring at it in the garage, and taking the long way home from work...  
bowdown.gif
laugh.gif

Back