What a HORRIBLE night...

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Had a terrible night tonight. My wife has been hinting toward a new car, so I seek one out for her. We finally go test drive it tonight. Its a brand new VW GTI. Nice car. She used to have a Golf, and traded it for a Mazda 3. She's been missing her VW, but wanted more oomph, so I figured, why not a GTI, right?
Sexy car! White, black interior, 18" wheels, fun to drive. SOOOOOO, she drives it, and I can tell she doesn't care for it. As we're driving her phone is BLOWING up with calls, like WTH, right? Its her sister, and they are having some family drama with her Dad (he's a REAL treat..) Anyhoo, get back to the dealership and she calls her sister back, and winds up crying/etc the whole 9 yards. Car manager wants us to take the car home to sway her back into a VW again. We leave the dealership, go to the grocery store. Spend 17 hours in the grocery store, come out to the car, FLAT TIRE.....
Wind up changing the tire in the salty, wet, 5 degree parking lot... Absolutely miserable. Not to mention the Jewel of a jack they give you to change your tire. Now I have to deal with this tomorrow. I can just see them charging me for a new tire on this deal... Plus we don't want the car.. Plus the wifey is super miserable about her Dad and Sister, etc... I was supposed to go to the motorcycle show in Chicago tomorrow morning and now have to wait to leave later since I don't want her to deal with the dealership alone tomorrow.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Somebody cheer me up! BLANCA, send me some nice weather pics!!!

You know I made the mistake of letting my wife go to a dealership twice since we've been married. Both times "Oh i'm just going to look at a car." Yeah right! both times she came back with a different car. The first time it was a 04 Honda Accord and recently a 09 GMC Sierra. Never again!

Just do one thing at a time in the morning. Be there for your wife when she needs you. I understand about family drama, I could tell you stories.

17hrs in the grocery store???? What'd you do buy 1 each of everything?

Just felt like it my friend... I hate going to the grocery store. But I found something I hate more. Changing a tire in the parking lot of one.. In the dark.. In a car I don't know, and have no flashlight in.. :banghead:

there is nothing that sucks more than paying to fix a car you dont even own.

here is a good winter pic for ya from Florida

101649146nvkqFN_fs.jpg

not a good evening at all! best of luck getting this worked out and trying to find what she wants :beerchug:

Gsxr heres a calming picture from my apartment at 5 in the morning. Might not be that warm but at least the view should make up for it.

IMG_1034.jpg

just drop the car off and ask the dealer..."who has 2 thumbs, and ain't buy that car?"
"This guy!"
pic from last week in Hawaii. cheer up buddy, it could always be worse.:whistle:

0131111237c.jpg

0131111251a.jpg

just drop the car off and ask the dealer..."who has 2 thumbs, and ain't buy that car?"
"This guy!"

+1. You didnt sign any papers. Tell them you're not buying another VW because they obviously have faulty tires...

Well I figured I'd give you an update. I returned the car, told them the story, and they said, oh man, that sux. You should've called us and we would've sent a lot boy to the grocery store and he'd have changed the tire! That was all that was ever said about it!
We didn't buy the car, and I will continue to deal with them. Great experience with them today!
Thanks for the great pics to make me feel better last night!
:beerchug:

Still a GTI, but one that is ridiculously loaded.. She's pretty spoiled with the options in her Mazda. :whistle:

Maybe look into a new ford car with the new ecoboost. those are pretty powerful and ford has had some really nice interiors coming out lately. Maybe worth a little glance for you.

Back