MP3 players 4 Chistmas ='s New PC?..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well that's what happened folks...thought i did sumpt'in great (and i did)...surprised the daughters with 2 new ZUNE HD's and gave them to them early so they could learn howta use'em and get'im loaded up with songs and video for their christmas vacation trip to savanha GA w/ their mother...and they loved them and told me i was the greatest dad in the world...hugged me to death..absolutely thrilled..then the crash...crushing bad news..

dumbazz here never dreamed my ultra high end sony PC wouldnt handle these things..after all...i bought top-o-line..off the highest shelf circut city owned..

like 8 years ago. :banghead:

all kinds of difficulties loading zunes software..and no wonder...min req. was windows XP 2005..my Op System?..same as my busa...XP '03...tried all angles..even updated win media too 2005 rollout 2..then things got real quirky..load..reload..uninstall...load again..no go...2 brand new zune hd's and?...dead in the water..no way to interface software...and 2 extremely sad daughters...and all just cause my PC and op sys were 8 years old..my does time and tech fly..so?..i did the only thing i could do and swung by chinamart today and?..

Went with a new Acer Tower..

Processor: 2m cache/2.8Ghz Intel Pentium

Memory: 6 gig

HD: 1 TB

O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium

(10) usb ports..all in one card readers..built in wifi..yada..yada..yada

now i know it prolly aint squat compared to whats out there as i only dropped $498 on it..(as opposed to the $1200 i dropped on the old sony 8 years ago)..but..i very pleased with it...lotta bang fer buck...and the girls really dig their ZuneHD's...dang things have wifi web browsers complete with facebook and all and HD Radio where they can tag and download the songs they like..thrilled..and?..Daddy rocks again..can ya feel the love? :laugh:

Thanks to all who tried to talk/make sense to me and?..L8R, Bill. :cool:

On a lighter note, you will like Savannah. I am actually there now on a pre-Christmas trip and headed home tomorrow. Have you been before? This is our third trip to Savannah and we will be coming back again for sure. Every time we see something new.

Great Job Jinkster! Way to keep the kiddo's happy! Plus it will make your org experiences better on a newer/faster computer!

Back