Mounting new bodywork

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I got new Armour Bodies bodywork for the track bike at Christmas, but it's been too dam cold to mess with it until now. I spent a week or so wet sanding in the basement, but figured I better get it mounted before I went too far, so...

Anyone thinking of getting race bodywork should use this as a heads-up on what they're in store for when they go to mount them. Maybe the newer ones are a better fit, but even the company said that my fitment issues were not uncommon for a race bike with aftermarket case covers, and exhaust.

This week I've been trying to get it all mounted. These do NOT come predrilled. The biggest issue I had was making clearance for the billet case covers and the exhaust. I had to use the dremmel tool to cut out the interfering areas. I've highlighted the areas that I cut in yellow with Photoshop.

On to the pics...please wait...there's about 12 of them
wink.gif

Now for the stator cover...this was the worst one.

...and Yes, it has been down a few times
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142660512 -->

Bodywork_1_008.jpg

...another view...you can see how far it comes out.

Bodywork_1_007.jpg

An overall view. I don't have the windscreen mounted yet.

The furniture by the door is leaving my garage on Sunday. Was storing it just for a couple of weeks (4 months now) for one of the daughter's friends. Last fuggin time I do that.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142660745 -->

Bodywork_1_009.jpg

From the front. The bluriness is from the heat coming out of my heater.

All hail to the mighty heat god
bowdown.gif
laugh.gif

Bodywork_1_010.jpg

I had to make a little room for the starter cover. I just didn't want it rubbing through.

Bodywork_1_012.jpg

...and this is the FINAL picture. This is what has made it possible/bearable to work on the bike.
cool.gif

The Heat God
beerchug.gif

Bodywork_1_011.jpg

...and this is the FINAL picture.  This is what has made it possible/bearable to work on the bike.
cool.gif

The Heat God
beerchug.gif
I hope that red gas can in the other pic has water in it . It's the one setting over by the white propane propelled roundish shaped missile that could finish connection the dots .

Not ragging , just an observation . It's just that gasoline explosions in a garage has always been a fear of mine . It's never happened to me , I've never known anyone who has had it happen to them but still remains a fear .

Oh, we're gonna keep an eye on this project. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the final product.

I'd be interested to hear what you've done to the engine, brakes, etc. (unless you posted all that already.)

Is this the Amercian version of the X1?
smile.gif

...and this is the FINAL picture. This is what has made it possible/bearable to work on the bike.
cool.gif

The Heat God
beerchug.gif
I hope that red gas can in the other pic has water in it . It's the one setting over by the white propane propelled roundish shaped missile that could finish connection the dots .

Not ragging , just an observation . It's just that gasoline explosions in a garage has always been a fear of mine . It's never happened to me , I've never known anyone who has had it happen to them but still remains a fear .
Dammit...I overlooked that
wow.gif
Thanks for the reminder
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back