Big red - new wheels

Nice wheels!
cool.gif

What kind of improvement in ET and MPH have you noticed at the track?? ??

Did you weight the stockers and them before/after?

Otherwise, they look sweet!
wink.gif
cool.gif
I did weight the front.... the Marvic was 3.5 pounds lighter.

As for ET and MPH.... I'll let you know later this week.
Going to Sunshine on Wednesday (1/8th mile) to practice launching.
Then BMP on Thursday to run through the 1/4.

This will be my first time running the bike through since my little mishap a couple of months ago... can't wait!

Cool deal there Cecil i was just curious as to what kinda gearing you are running with your bike? i mean i'm alot bigger guy but mabey from what you have seen will give me a place to start i'll be running a quartermile I'm running a VR stage 2 kit with a stock clutch for the moment i'm in not big running like you are but i got a bunch of other old style drag bikes i have to compete against

Thanks for the advice sorry for alittle off topic on this thread

Thanks everyone... I really like the weight difference, as well as the different look.  
cool.gif

Here's on for you...

Friday Night when I mounted the brand Marvic magnesim(sp) wheels on my Busa...

Did the rear first & slapped a big ole 200 series Shinku Ultra-Soft tire on her.
Then did the front and decide to take ole-girl for a test ride.

Well.... as I pull out into the street I notice she is steering like crap.... feels like I left the strap tightened on the front end.

I check the strap.... and it is loose.
The light turns green and off I go.

I blast up the rode, do a u-turn and return immediately.... something is wrong.

I pull back into the shop with 0 air pressure in the front tire!
I just about passed out from fear that I may have damaged the wheel.

Appearently, the valve steam on the front wheel was missing the little o-ring that seats the contact point from the inside.... I did not notice this.

So this 1 cent item just about cost me a $1000 wheel, and possible a crash.

Be careful and double check your bikes.

Ride Safe.
Cecil, that thing is taking on a whole new evil shape to itself. I really like how the build is coming along, and the performance #s are phenomonal! Keep us posted.

And a note on the Marvics. They are by far one of the best perfomance mods to do on a race bike. Just keep in mind the little quirks.. Magnesium is a porous metal and you will loose about 2-4 psi a month depending on weather and use.

I love my Marvic's. They changed the way my bike feels alot.

Cool deal there Cecil i was just curious as to what kinda gearing you are running with your bike? i mean i'm alot bigger guy but mabey from what you have seen will give me a place to start i'll be running a quartermile I'm running a VR stage 2 kit with a stock clutch for the moment i'm in not big running like you are but i got a bunch of other old style drag bikes i have to compete against

Thanks for the advice sorry for alittle off topic on this thread
Got cha back Brother....
cool.gif

Already responded to your thread.

I'm running 18/45 gearing with a similar set-up to yours.

Nice Cecil!! Good looking wheels!! Glad to hear your on the mend and back in the sadle! How is your son doing?? Good luck at the track this weekend!
cool.gif

Nice Cecil!! Good looking wheels!! Glad to hear your on the mend and back in the sadle! How is your son doing?? Good luck at the track this weekend!
cool.gif
Thanks for asking Brother!

Jake is doing great!

His leg is all but totally healed.

This Saturday he and his sister are is in a Skate Boarding Competion at SPOT (Skate Park Of Tampa).

And last week he got back on the dirt bike for the first time since his accident.... rode it like a champ that he is... never missed a beat.

His sister however, stepped up from the PW50 to the PW80... had a couple of memorable spills.
No blood, no foul.

Looking forward to taking a lot of time off this summer and spending time with the wife and kids...
That's what it's all about.

How you doing?
Everything going well?

yea..heart problem is gone, it doesnt skip beats anymore but getting back into shape make take a while as i have a issue with my blood pressure dropping through the floor after i work out... so i'm having to go real slow with the work out stuff. Air Force rules say if you have been on a medical waiver for over a year for the same thing you are automaticly medical boarded so i'm waiting for that process to kick in.

Glad to hear your son is back in the sadle too! sounds like your kids are following dads "need for speed"! Good luck this weekend! Take it slow and steady!

yea..heart problem is gone, it doesnt skip beats anymore but getting back into shape make take a while as i have a issue with my blood pressure dropping through the floor after i work out... so i'm having to go real slow with the work out stuff. Air Force rules say if you have been on a medical waiver for over a year for the same thing you are automaticly medical boarded so i'm waiting for that process to kick in.

Glad to hear your son is back in the sadle too! sounds like your kids are following dads "need for speed"! Good luck this weekend! Take it slow and steady!
I'll keep you in my prayers... kinda sucks not being able to just bounce-back...
When did we get old
tounge.gif

Back