motor swap

twistedcustomz

Registered
i recently swapped motors out of my 2001 busa and put an 06 motor in and now when i turn it over it backfires. if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. someone had said something about a cam position sensor being switched out too. Is this true?

Thats right about the 2002-2007 but if you still have the 2001 engine you could swap some of the main sensors like the cam and crank sensors to match your ECM.

The thing that is throwing you off is the rotor/flywheel on your new motor. If you want to keep the 99-01 ecu/ecm that your bike has you'll have to to put the rotor from the 99-01 motors on the crank. If you'd like to keep the rotor from the 02-07 motor then you'll have to get the ecu off of a 02-07 bike.

Additionally, if you have already made this change, you may be having problems with the crank pickup polarity. They changed that as well on the newer version bikes.

The thing that is throwing you off is the rotor/flywheel on your new motor. If you want to keep the 99-01 ecu/ecm that your bike has you'll have to to put the rotor from the 99-01 motors on the crank. If you'd like to keep the rotor from the 02-07 motor then you'll have to get the ecu off of a 02-07 bike.

Additionally, if you have already made this change, you may be having problems with the crank pickup polarity. They changed that as well on the newer version bikes.

Correct!

Back