Any after market Starter motors for

King Sand Cars

Registered
One of my partners just had a big Busa stroker motor built...almost 1600cc's. The thing runs like a bat out of hell and has tons of torque (important for our applications). But when the motor gets hot, he can't get the starter to turn it over fast enough. We use 1200 cranking amp batteries in our rails, so it's not the battery (we switched one out). We also tried a coil disconnect switch to see if we could get the starter to spin the motor fast enough before having the pistons start firing...still no go when it's hot. Starts fine when cold.

Anyone know of an after market starter that will turn this beast?

When the engine is still hot, there is more resistance for the battery to overcome. Get a bigger battery or convert to a 24volt system.

If you have a PC3R on it 02 and newer the crank sensor gap was to big on some bikes and with the extra length of wire would make the signal worse. If it starts better without the timing wires plugged in, thats your culprit.

(300Busa @ Jan. 15 2007,23:14) When the engine is still hot, there is more resistance for the battery to overcome.  Get a bigger battery or convert to a 24volt system.
A stock starter will handle a 24volt system? Do you know of any articles or write-up's on this problem or what size battery we would need?

Thanks for the response.

It is two batteries (24volts), you just need to keep a battery tender on the other battery when you are not riding. I am not aware of any write-up's on this, but you can search for one.

I can’t begin to tell you how impressed I am with my new 24volt starting system from Tiger Racing, how easy the motor turned over at the faster rate. When building a high compression motor, one of the challenges is getting that bad lad to turn over with the standard 12volt starting system. So many starter gears have grenaded when the battery voltage goes low and allows the starter gear to back spin. With the new 24volt starting system, your higher compression motor starts with ease. The extra battery is stored in your sub frame with a custom battery box designed by Tiger Racing and can be charged from your bike while riding. I’m in heaven, no more grunting (from the bike, not me) from the higher compression load on the starter.

Hope that helps.
beerchug.gif

also if your buddy or you have older motors with the old starter setup be sure to get the ti case saver,we have them in stock...here is 24v system wiring...

24volts

(300Busa @ Jan. 15 2007,23:35) Hope that helps.  
beerchug.gif
Hey guys, the 24volt system works awsome!!  Only problem is trying to find a spot to mount another big battery.  Do we have to use two of the same battery's?  Can I use our main battery, a med sized 1200 cranking amp (Total Power) battery and then a smaller motorcycle 12 volt battery?  Do you know if it matters?

Thanks!

Back