MotoGP-2 Online...

biggrin.gif

best.JPG

I have a gravis aftershock dual analog with feedback..

Just aquick post before I go to work. It's going to be a good race whenever we play.
biggrin.gif

yeah I see that!! hehehehe On my score I made TWO mistakes: slowed to much on one turn, mowed grass on another. I'm using the elf23 also sicne I can customize the paint. I was on my 3rd and best feeling lap when the phone rang and I slammed into the rookies I was lapping. CURSES!!!! It felt so good until that! Arg

Try following behind the rookies for a lap. It's amazing how slow they're going sometimes. The time lapse is way off if you stop and then catch back up to them. Example: I idled for one complete lap and it took almost six minutes
wow.gif
, but do you think anyone on the track lapped me? NO. Then, I was actually able to catch up to the before they made it to the finish line. Something is just not right about that, but it's still an awesome game.

There's nothing like the feeling of control you have when you can be in a full lean at 130+ mph...go off into the grass/dirt...and NOT low side the bike. I must have some excellent tires.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070986684 -->

Where will it ever end ?? From two separate races today...

These are the last two pics. Too much work to cut/paste/upload etc...

Great run!!!
What the...? the BOTS always run the exact same times or are you practicing your PHOTOSHOP skillz??
biggrin.gif

That's weird, but GOOD JOB! See you in the Paddock [chat room] ;)
It's odd how the AI bots stop when you crash or something - that time issue. Even weirder is on the full version, I swear the other cyclists are pissed off at you and TRY to wreck you.
I always TRY to race clean like reallife, so if I hit you in a race it's an accident. Also, you should try setting up your own multipler, tweak the game to add 100% realism and start relearning to ride cuz THIS baby WILL slide out on corners and in grass.

Ready to race online yet? I should be snowed in by the time you get this ;)

I think the AI times are just their high scores. The only times you see for them is the gap between the them and the winner (i.e. +:23, +:31, etc...)

The PRO riders can run some pretty good laps, although they tend to get in the way.
biggrin.gif

I went around for a couple of laps last night just running the AI off the track, bumping into them from behind, landing wheelies on their backs, power braking in front of them, doing the PIT maneuver on em when their in a turn, and just generally causing havoc everywhere. It is hilarious to watch during the replay. Try it sometime...it's way too fun, and they actually shake their fists at you too.

Take care,
Jim

oh yeah, I've caused some fist shakin!!! My latest is high speed wheelie swerving while passing the AI, or setting up cool stuff to watch on the replay. Once I did wheelies thru the whole race on every strait. Kinda dumb but fun to watch the replay. Slow mo crashes are pretty sweet too. I hate the pro racers. I can beat them but they are too dangerous to race with! I'm messing wtih full 100% sim now
biggrin.gif

Where's fstbusa?? He must be building up his bike on the full game so he can smoke us or something. :p

I can't change the sim level in the demo version. I finally found where it is, but it's a shaded selection.

Send me a PM if you have a time in mind for racing on-line in the near future. Tomorrow is my anniversary, so probably won't be on here that much.
cool.gif

yah! nuther player. Depends on a great many things what type of joystick to get. KEYBOARD DOES work if you are comfortable 'bapping' the arrow keys stead of holding them down to steer... I got the Seitek P880 for my WinXP box and it works GREAT for MAME and everything else. It's $20 most places. It has TWO analog sticks [sort of PS2 looking] and those work great for proportional accel/brake steering/lean.
Practice up and enjoy! Some guy at the local race shop claimed it helped him pick his lines better on the REAL track.

p880.jpg

ummm, does that just plug into a usb port?  Sorry new to this.
Also, how do you resist doing wheelies every time you go past the grandstand?

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071210394 -->

yepper, USB PnP, no CD Drivers need to be loaded.
Wheelies: still trying to wheelie aroudn teh whole track but turns drop you back down
smile.gif
Watchout for stkr00, he holds the best lap record so far! I hope to catch him this weekend.
biggrin.gif

cool, I'll look for one tonight. Do you have to tell motogp your using that gizmo or does it just start working?

This is the joystick I'm currently using. I originally purchsed it for playing MS Flight Simulator 2000 & 2002. You can program all of the buttons for different things which comes in really handy with airplane controls. I might get one of the ones like WWJD later on, but this works for me right now. You can go to the online store (upper right selection) on see the different models. Prices range from $20 - $80.

Here's the link: Saitek, Cyborg 3-D Gold joystick

I'm not partial to this brand, but it has served me well for about 4 years.

See ya on the track
biggrin.gif

Here's another link. After reading some FAQ's on the Saitek site, I found out the 3-D Gold isn't produced anymore. The new version is the "Cyborg Evo". Just a different layout...the throttle slide is at the back on the bottom I think...looks like a lever to me anyway.

When they say "fully adjustable", they mean FULLY ADJUSTABLE!

The palm rest moves up/down, the thumb rest/switches angle forward/back, plus tilt left/right. If you can't get one of these to fit your hand comfortably, then you must not be human
laugh.gif

Anywho... Saitek, Cyborg Evo joystick

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

If you could make a leaning chair with slide sensors, you'd be set. That looks way to cool.

wow.gif

wow.gif

yah!  nuther player.  Depends on a great many things what type of joystick to get.  KEYBOARD DOES work if you are comfortable 'bapping' the arrow keys stead of holding them down to steer...  I got the Seitek P880 for my WinXP box and it works GREAT for MAME and everything else.  It's $20 most places. It has TWO analog sticks [sort of PS2 looking] and those work great for proportional accel/brake steering/lean.
Practice up and enjoy!  Some guy at the local race shop claimed it helped him pick his lines better on the REAL track.
This is what I bought it's charging now. You left off that it is wireless.
cool.gif

Back