Moto GP Mod

aka Danksy

Registered
Just did the moto gp flip on my k4Busa and was wondering what people did with the kickstand kill switch...:confused2:

Took mine out, cut the switch off and moved the wiring to the trunk. Made a nice little kill switch that if you don't know it's there, she just won't run. Nice addition when I am on the road for a multi day ride along with using my Roadlok.

Took mine out, cut the switch off and moved the wiring to the trunk. Made a nice little kill switch that if you don't know it's there, she just won't run. Nice addition when I am on the road for a multi day ride along with using my Roadlok.

slick :beerchug: should be a sticky.

it fits yes but it won't hit the switch when the kickstand is up.

that trunk move is really slick you have to take all the plastics off to do it?

Ok...I'll go there......what is this mod and what does it do? 1st time I've heard of it.

TIA guys.

converting your shift pattern to 1 up 5 down I.E. how Moto GP riders shift

all you have to do is unscrew the 10mil bolt that holds the shift linkage to the spline shaft going into the transmission and flip it upside down.

you will have to adjust the set screws on your shift rod to get it to fit with the kickstand-killswitch still operable.

I was being lazy and did not do this, but now that I did it fits.

if you still don't get how I can put pics up, took me about 30 seconds. :thumbsup:

this style of riding is not for everyone:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It would take some getting use to.. But it would make getting into gear easier if you keep finding the false nutural the stock way.

Makes it easier to upshift when accelerating out of a left hand turn (keeps the toe away from the ground).

Here is the mod...

As for the kill switch, no plastic off, just paitence in putting the wires back to the trunk.

picture.jpg

Oh wow...very interesting. I never knew you could do this.
Hmmm....this would require me completely re-programming my brain when I ride. Since I've been riding motorcycles...it's always been 1 down, 5/6 up.

If I did this change I could see bad things happening the 1st few times I come down a hot straight away into a corner. :whistle: :laugh:

Good on ya all that have made the change, but this one's not for me.

I did the mod for track/race days...but I did it on the busa first and gave it three weeks before going to the track. It really makes a difference in performance. I have only had a couple of missed shifts, but once I got use to it...I won't go back. Nice not to have your foot hanging down under the shifter when going through a hot corner.

I did the mod for track/race days...but I did it on the busa first and gave it three weeks before going to the track. It really makes a difference in performance. I have only had a couple of missed shifts, but once I got use to it...I won't go back. Nice not to have your foot hanging down under the shifter when going through a hot corner.

I hear you. Makes sense.

I hear you. Makes sense.

When things get fast, I plan around not being able to shift up until I start getting more vertical. Going in a gear high, effective late braking gets it done.

On the track, I guess it's pretty much required.

BTW, my brain is permanently wired one down, five up :laugh:

Blue1

Back