More US Air AfterSplash Pix (Jet in the City)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, reportedly, the plane, which was removed from the Hudson

See pix...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/102591-recovery-usair-jet-pix.html

needed to be moved through the side-streets of East Rutherford, NJ... Yet another amazing engineering feat.

Here are some pix (which I did not myself take).

:beerchug: <= to the guys who made it happen...

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

#4.jpg

#5.jpg

#6.jpg

#7.jpg

#8.jpg

#9.jpg

#11.jpg

wow, that's crazy. I wonder how much time it took to measure out every corner of that route to see if the truck could get around the corners. I was surprised that they didnt have a rear steer under that thing too.

wow, that's crazy. I wonder how much time it took to measure out every corner of that route to see if the truck could get around the corners. I was surprised that they didnt have a rear steer under that thing too.

They had all-wheel steer! Look at the third pic down...

On that type of trailer all the wheels can turn all at once or can be turned indiviually. If given enuff room that trailer could do 360's all day long...

Yeah I See that now, thatns for pointing that out. I guess I've never dealt with a trailer like that before.

At first when I saw the pix in the e-mail I got, I was like "no effing way"...then the more I looked at them, I was like "whoa...apparently effing way!"

Last edited:
I really don't see anything that can't be Buffed Out :laugh:

We can FLY Duck Airlines tomorrow :cheerleader:

Back