??More Ponnies??

RedFalco

Donating Member
Registered
First up; I'm all about the stock sleeper look and am looking to get some more ponnies somewhere. I am kicking around the idea of going with a performance header (Vance & Hines) and still keeping the STOCK pipes. (as said, its' all about the stock "look"). Is anyone out there rolling with such a setup?
Would there be any possible hp gain out of going this route as the pipes would still restrict backflow? I'm looking hard at the stock pipe mod and searching for a sound clip anywhere, with the extra holes drilled into the tip. I'm aware this is just for sound as I wanted alittle xtra 'humb".

Current mods:
Smithabusa launch/shift/gear indicator w/ autoshift & 1st gear NOS disablement injunction with a 5N55555 TRE built into Gear Position Sensor (GPS) within clutch.
CycleTek Shift kit
Small Airbox MOD
Smithabusa ECU flasher w/ Nitrous Harness
50shot dry nitrous
EK ZZZ 112link gold chain
Professional tuned to 205.91hp on the bottle

Thank you in advance for any input offered.
Brian

dragon7.jpg

Last edited:
drop it off at carpenters and let bob do some sweet head work on it so it breaths better thats worth its weight in gold

drop it off at carpenters and let bob do some sweet head work on it so it breaths better thats worth its weight in gold

Whats' that run abought... 2 or 3 grand? And would this be considered a 1397 big bore?

remember thaat your exhaust system is going to choke alot of power from any cam/head/piston combo.

Ahhh... Good point, scratch that then. I'm willing to sacrafice hp for the "looks" of the all mighty stock sleeper. Guess I'm at my max then?
Been searching high and low for a full exhaust setup that matches the looks of stock. Its' all bling or carbin, none out there. Then theres gutting the stock pipes for the flow issues, but would prefer a predesigned "proven" pipe without the backyard "hack".

Last edited:
Whats' that run abought... 2 or 3 grand? And would this be considered a 1397 big bore?
nope, this is considered "head work" easily the biggest engine gains lay in the heads but quality work is anything but cheap (time consuming and you must know where and what to massage or you throw a good head in the trash)..

If you are going to go BB, then that needs added to the equation on the head work..

When getting into work like this, I have always recommended to my customers to pick a good end point and stay on course.. one builder with one goal or you could end up with a hodgepodge of work that does not work..

Engines are all about combination's, not any one part..

nope, this is considered "head work" easily the biggest engine gains lay in the heads but quality work is anything but cheap (time consuming and you must know where and what to massage or you throw a good head in the trash)..

If you are going to go BB, then that needs added to the equation on the head work..

When getting into work like this, I have always recommended to my customers to pick a good end point and stay on course.. one builder with one goal or you could end up with a hodgepodge of work that does not work..

Engines are all about combination's, not any one part..

So the stock exhaust would restrict said "head work" as well? Thank you Sir, for your time.

i did the 210 hp package they offered it was 3300 cash out the door i also added a full TiForce big sumo that was 1200 more lol but my old akrapovic was shot so i needed it anyway. I thought 3300 was a tad high at first till i saw the shop and took the first ride lol then i knew it was worth every penny..... plus when you walk in a shop that has 40 hayabusas sitting there you know they really know busas inside n out. my dyno papers with street gas hit 215 on one sheet and 220 on another, that without changing the stock displacement, seriously call Bob at carpenters and see what he says about the stok setup im sure theres mods that can be done to get it breathing better.

Last edited:
Back