Gen II Hayabusa's Yoshi Stage One Cams 3-5 HP

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Ran across this Yoshimura Dyno sheet with a set of stage one cams added to a stock Gen II Hayabusa. While 3HP does not seem like much what I have personally learned this winter is someone's 3HP might be some else's 10. :poke:

I think these cams would be a fine addition to a full high flowing exhaust system, race air filter, secondary's removed, Brock's, Tsukigi, Ti-Force, HMF, Vance & Hines..and a solid tune and a few other systems but you get the message. Add a thinner head gasket and things look great for the drag strip/race track with nice little sleeper mods. Cams degreed to 108/108 by a professional. Even for a stock bike beating up on a friend at the track. Keep in mind the GEN II has a little higher compression.

STOCK CAMS vs. Yoshi Cams

***modifications are for RACE USE ONLY***

imagesCAZ2863G.jpg

Yosh_Hayabusa_cams.jpg

Last edited:
A nice new offering from Yosh, with their quality & close relationship w/ Suzuki should make for a nice 'lil addition to any GenII.
Thanks for the heads up Greg :thumbsup:

A nice new offering from Yosh, with their quality & close relationship w/ Suzuki should make for a nice 'lil addition to any GenII.
Thanks for the heads up Greg :thumbsup:
No problem bro, I think they are realistic numbers, repeatable. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Just a swap no tune...re-read the second half of my post with additional mods and know how its a nice little boost. Not something for the bolt-on guy. :thumbsup:

The ad could say 10HP. and you get 3HP or say you get 3-5 and get 6 works better for me. You won't believe what three HP means to some guys.

Last edited:
The dyno sheet shows a couple of things. The main thing I see is if you can get the power curve to pull all the way out the door (not flat at 10K) you can make some serious horsepower and torque and lean will make power on the dyno sheet at the risk of making things go boom in a short time.

Last edited:
Yea i got it, i was just pointing out that i dont think it had a tune,

you sir are right, with a good tune and getting the air full a little flatte between 12.5 and 13 to 1 i think you could get 10hp +-

would be a good deal

Yea i got it, i was just pointing out that i dont think it had a tune,

you sir are right, with a good tune and getting the air full a little flatte between 12.5 and 13 to 1 i think you could get 10hp +-

would be a good deal

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't hardley seem worth the kind of money it would cost for 3 hp.

I agree. You can get more out of this cam if you raise the compression and do more internal work all together. The cam alone will not do any justice with 4 hours worth of work. A cheaper alternative is to get a -1 front and a plus two on the rear sprocket. I'm pretty sure the sprocket change will give you more "seat of the pants" feeling than 3 ponies on tap. The same principle applies for cars, adding a hotter cam alone on a stock compression 5.0 mustang may sound good, but that's about it. My .02

How much room is left on piston valve clearance with stock gasket. I don't think this is the first place to look for more power but seems like a good supporting mod before the jump to big bore or a turbo. I would like to see gains on a n2o motor.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. You can get more out of this cam if you raise the compression and do more internal work all together. The cam alone will not do any justice with 4 hours worth of work. A cheaper alternative is to get a -1 front and a plus two on the rear sprocket. I'm pretty sure the sprocket change will give you more "seat of the pants" feeling than 3 ponies on tap. The same principle applies for cars, adding a hotter cam alone on a stock compression 5.0 mustang may sound good, but that's about it. My .02
I agree with that, the rest of my post pretty much says that. Adding a thinner head gasket and or milling some parts with the stock internals could yeild even more results.

These mods always seem trival until your racing against something who spent a little on cams and did all the work themselves.

How much room is left on piston valve clearance with stock gasket. I don't think this is the first place to look for more power but seems like a good supporting mod before the jump to big bore or a turbo. I would like to see gains on a n2o motor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Check your existing squish yourself, trust your own numbers and go from there. Properly done higher compression should equal more power.

I was getting at how much room is left before you need to flycut. That's all. If the lift is so high you need to cut reliefs then the potential gains are lessened. Or if there is plenty of room couldn't you go to a larger cam?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was getting at how much room is left before you need to flycut. That's all. If the lift is so high you need to cut reliefs then the potential gains are lessened. Or if there is plenty of room couldn't you go to a larger cam?
Posted via Mobile Device
I hear you but for some reason if your block is not as tall as mine or you have two base gaskets instead of one and what should be available for room is not there you have problems. Check it yourself and decide how far you are going to push it with the stock internals, especially rods and possible stretch. Could be an expensive lesson. I would start with the smaller cam first.

Back